Stanley 37" roller box

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In a few other threads there have been mentions of the Stanley 37" roller gear box. It is actually a "mobile job chest" with dimensions of" 37 7/8" x 22 3/4" x 23 1/4". I just picked one up at Home Depot for $60. I really like it so far. It has wheels and a handle and is much lighter than my Pelican. I can put my gear, camera equipment, and my dry stuff all inside instead of having 3 different boxes/bags.

My question is this, for those that already have one, do you take yours on boat dives? If you do have you had any comments about the size? (It is just as wide as my Pelican 1650 and only about 4 inches longer, but is twice as high. Since the real difference is only in height it really isn't taking up any more deck space.)

Now there are a few boats out in California that I have dove with that have very limited space. In fact, gear bags are usually piled 2-3 deep. If I were to go out on these boats, I would not, to be fair to other divers bring this big box but would stick to my smaller soft-sided bag. (I'd still have the same amount of junk but it would just be spread out. :wink: )

boats usually like collapsible bags, one that fold flat when they are empty, if you bring something that doesn't fit under the seat, you're in trouble. if this is as high as you said, i can't imagine it fitting under too many benches..

Wouldn't even think about taking mine on a boat!!

Back
Top Bottom