Standard or dive housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my initial GoPro accessory buying frenzy, I splurged and went ahead and also got the dive housing, mostly for the ruggedness of it but also because it stays mounted on an u/w extendable pole that I use just for diving. For other uses like on land, I just pop the camera into the regular housing options on a small handle grip, better to fit into a coat pocket.

[quote name=&quot;Floribbean Divers&quot; post=7368937]I dove all last week in Dominica with no problems. I have a silver 3+ and used the stock housing. My laptop has bit the dust so I can not tell you what the video looks like but I have been told it will not be as focused with the stock housing. I think I am getting the Back Scatter housing unless someone on the board tells me different[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
All stock housings from the HERO3 onwards (3+ and 4) <b>will focus underwater.</b> The issue was with the stock housings for the HERO2 and the old HERO HD, both had the curved port that wouldn't focus.<br/>

Thanks! I can't wait to see the videos. I was at 100+ feet multiple times with it and no leakage!!!!

Back
Top Bottom