Stage/deco/BO reg with inline shutoff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you don’t have a necklaces reg on the left post? My wife dives her fathom with bm 50s set up in a “dir configuration”. Long hose right post and necklaces reg left post. She also runs a bov. I know Charlie and a couple other people don’t dive a necklaced reg on the left side mounted bailout but I’ve never seen that in the bm bailout setup. I personally don’t have a reg attached to my left sm bottle just the qc6. It feels wrong to not have a reg on the left sm bottle but I’ve gone round and round with several of the fathom instructors about it, and it seems although it’s nontraditional it’s acceptable. I have a second stage with a female qc6 in my pocket just in case. The lack of a reg in the bm setup is not as common among fathoms I believe.

I don't. My thinking is between the bov which is plumbed into the left post by way of the qc6, and the long hose running off the right post, I shouldn't lose access to my BO gas should I need to shutdown a valve on one side or the other. In the SM configuration I keep a reg on a necklace for the left tank, and I have a reg on a long hose clipped off to my d-ring for the right one, should I need to donate gas. When I first tried it I remember thinking it felt like there were a lot of second stages, but it's no big deal..

However, I'm somewhat inclined to just leave the necklace on my left post regulator all the time since I still dive OC a fair bit - it would prevent me from having to switch hoses around and I could take the opv off that regulator.

I don't. My thinking is between the bov which is plumbed into the left post by way of the qc6, and the long hose running off the right post, I shouldn't lose access to my BO gas should I need to shutdown a valve on one side or the other. In the SM configuration I keep a reg on a necklace for the left tank, and I have a reg on a long hose clipped off to my d-ring for the right one, should I need to donate gas. When I first tried it I remember thinking it felt like there were a lot of second stages, but it's no big deal..

However, I'm somewhat inclined to just leave the necklace on my left post regulator all the time since I still dive OC a fair bit - it would prevent me from having to switch hoses around and I could take the opv off that regulator.

I'm with @rddvet . Or I'd say Mrs. RDdvet, but she's scary and we all know he's her husband, not the other way around...

anyway, I am exceptionally lazy when it comes to regulator configurations. I have a standard doubles setup that has a 40" hose with a QC6 coming off of the right post. When diving OC it just gets tucked into the waist belt. I'm tempted to try to sort it out where it replaces the drysuit hose, but since I have a sidemount CCR, the QC6 gets weird. Much easier to have it cross my chest. Either way, I'd leave the second stages on there.

I like this solution :)

What, you don't trust a two-time felon dumb enough to caught?
I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding.

I have shut offs on all bailout tanks other than bottom bailout. I also have shut offs on staged bailouts on the shot line/ deco station. The reason being I find the pressurised and off does not work, inevitability the regs become depressurised and get water in them. Should I bailout my gas switching procedure will ensure the inline shutoff is turned on as I switch to shallower bailouts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom