Stability of BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with a previous poster to try different setups before you just jump to a bp/w setup.

I personally use an AL backplate and Oxycheq 30# wing. With an AL80 I use 4# and love the trim. BUT... a good jacket or back inflation bc can be light and compact, comfortable, and have good handy pockets. With good skills, you can accomplish what you want with this setup also. One of the best divers I've met is a videographer who uses a ratty old jacket bc and has buoyancy skills most can only envy.

Thanks for all the comments. The jacket BCD I was considering is the Scubapro Classic as Web Monkey suggested. Looks like it would work as I want it to. But from the comments about the BP/W, I think I will go that way. Since I have to travel to dive, I need a very light weight system and one that packs in a minimum space. The BPs I am considering are the DSS Hybrid Kydex, Freedom Plate or the Oxycheq Travel Plate. The wing would be a DSS TTW , or DSS Torus 17 or 26. Possibly an Oxycheq 18 or 30 lb lift. I think this would make a very light weight and small kit. I would probably go with a DSS Pro Fit harness or something similar. This setup will give me the min. drag, light weight and small size that I like. The comments by Dive Alaska are well taken. Protecting the environment is always the first priority and that is exactly why I am interested in the stability of the BP/W. If I can’t control and maintain my position, then it will just not work for me.
Thanks again.
BobC

Careful here. You are heading down a slippery slope. You are already all over the place trying to compare an Oxy ultralight plate to DSS Kydex plate. Huge difference between the two. And the Torus wings v. the Oxy have some not so obvious differences.
Don't just go BPW because you read about it on the internet. Try one first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom