St. Pete area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keller34

Contributor
Reaction score
After doing some research and looking at videos and such I have been wondering, does anyone dive the tanks and the reef anymore?

I thought about finding someone who would like to go dive both some Saturday with me and my son.

Problem is a boat. I had to sell mine many moons ago due to lay offs. I will be buying one in about a year or less when my older son refinances his car off my credit.

I saw a bunch of places to dive off of Clearwater/Pete area but no one says much about them.

Got it. Will respond in a min. Talking with wife...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

I dove Veterans Reef, Clearwater Reef, and some tanks and barges off Pasco county. Some good diving and spearfishing to be had on all. I'd LOVE to do a nightdive some day at Veterans - I hear it is amazing.

I have to get new lights for that. Mine crapped out but thinking of making my own.

Would love to do it and take some video and photos. My problem is I forget I have the camera and just watch the creatures...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

We dive Veterans and nearby ledges quite a bit. When the water is good it is amazing, but it can turn on a dime. I've done a dive early in the day with 20-30' vis and then go back later and it is 5-10'. But they are really good dives. If you spearfish, there is always game on all of them.

Well I had planned on diving today but I have a head cold now and the weather does not help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom