St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A-Bay was 72f on the Islander and Bonnie Castle Monday/Tuesday. Vis was modest to poor fluctuating throughout the dive maybe 15 to 20 feet for most of it.

22C! We've got 3mm temps!

Btw: where in Prescott. I've been looking for updates on condition of the old Prescott Scuba Park?
I was at the Rothesay wreck.

Thanks.
I should have been clearer.

I meant does anyone know about the conditions of the old scuba park in Prescott. I.e. there's a nice ramp there now and everything but how about the ropes to the various items? Or the viz? I haven't had the chance to jump in there and wondering if its still worth it.
Thanks!

There are now two new platforms at the old scuba park in Prescott. A line leads from the ramp to the platforms. The rest of the lines are still all intact.

It was 66^f at Prescott Scuba Park today. I thought the visibility was great, 10 to 15 ft., the best I have ever seen in the St. Lawrence. We generally dive the Conestoga or Centeen Park. It wasn’t busy at all either.
I still prefer the Caribbean. :)

63^f at the Rothsay this afternoon.
I had already 4 or 5 dives there and was amazed by stuff I have never seen. Visibility was generally better than usual. It was however earlier than we would usually get there, and a lovely sunny day.
Still prefer warm water and prettier fish. :)

We had 62-64f on the Jodrey last weekend and at Bonnie Castle. It was very nice. I used gardening gloves but I'm thinking once it drops a couple more degrees I'll be back to dry gloves. :-(

Visibility was 20-25ft (maybe 30ft in some parts). Apparently they were reporting 30-40ft on Jodrey the week prior.

I'm hoping to get back up in late November / early December when visibility improves.

Back
Top Bottom