St. Croix USVI, new to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bella,

Apparently 15 minutes is more than enough time to empty a locked car of its contents. Fun fun.

on Church Street in C'sted while I went into Sonya's.... Took over 40 mins for a bike cop to show up.

I'm not that torn up over it because I did have travel insurance and random theft is pretty common in all the islands and most elsewhere I've been. I still really like St. Croix because its not Jamaica where violent crime is somewhat common against tourists. I still think St. Croix is very safe. Theft doesn't imply unsafe to me.

[sarcasm]Besides I didn't REALLY want to have the added load of a second bag to bring home. [/sarcasm] :/

Wow, that is kind of unusual though. Middle of the day on church street! Hope you got something good at Sonya's :D
I'm glad you had a good time and can look past the negative.

Mobster, sorry to hear about your encounter with the locals...and the responsiveness of our local police, pretty normal. At least you didn't need an ambulance...about the same reported reponsiveness.

Nice to hear you had a great time diving here on St. Croix. After everyone hunkered down for Tropical Storm Chris on Wednesday, things got right back to normal this weekend. We did 2 kick-outs at Cane bay, then over to the Deep Wrecks and Butler's Ledge this morning. Great dives...but nothing spectacular to report. Our first dive at Cane Bay yesterday we encounterd a fellow diver making a diligent exit from the water, told us about being encouraged in that regard by a shark. Said it followed him from the ledge back toward shore for a bit, until he blasted it with the flash from his camera...turned it around! Not to be discouraged, we stuck to our dive plan...saw the shark at the limits of our visibility...it was nice sized, but did not seem at all interested in us. My guess, it was a reef shark, a 6 footer or so. BUT we didn't see much of it at all.

Again, glad you had a great time diving on the island. We sure enjoy it, too.

Sorry to here about the theft as well. But glad to hear that you had a great time. I wish you could have stayed a few more days. The middle of the following week, we had a 10' manta ray come along in about 20' of water. he cruised by for a minute or so and said good bye. Two Discover Scuba Divers got the thrill of a life time. If that doesn't make you want to get certified, I don't know what will.

See you next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom