St Andrews jetties...old tar barge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClanMom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From another site......

St. Andrews Jetties
The St. Andrews Park jetties are the perfect place for beginning snorkelers and divers. The shallow waters and no boat traffic provide a safe and exciting place to begin one's diving experience. Nineteen feet under the surface, an old tar barge is ideal for underwater exploration.

Can anybody tell me where this is? OK guru....make it up to me for exagerating the beating you gave us on the canoe race back from Cypress last year!

Anyone going to PC for the bike event this week?

The percy Paine used to be off St Andrews on the west side of the jettys. but. i believe it is gone now. I believe the tar barge you are referring to would be the the wreck behind shell island. It may now be in the park but you have to get across to shell islnad and go about half way down. Th GPS numbers can be found a spainish shanty barge (I believe)

The tar barge is behind Shell Island and the bottom is just full of crawlers. There are other stuff such as the life boats and stuff like that. Last time we had to dive the tar barge was when we were blown out on the Island Diver and had to go inside the bay to get a dive in. Shannon Brown was driving and the wind was blowing hard. Uncle Ricky was going to run a cave reel so that folks could follow it around the wreck for an interesting dive. I came upon a drag mark and followed it to find a piece of the barge sliding across the bay with none other than the Island Diver attached. We had divers scattered all over the bay and oh such words were escaping Shannon's lips.

Back
Top Bottom