SSI Refresher course, Is there such a thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duvivr6

Registered
Reaction score
Well here is my story,

Originally I'm from Puerto Rico got certified back in 2001, later moved to oklahoma in 06 and havent been anywhere near a good dive spot!

Fast forward moving to Key west next month, so I'm back in the game trying to see if there is anything I would need to do to get back in the water! :eyebrow:

tried searching the board and the SSI site didnt see anyhting like it? any help will be apreciated!

Thanks
Duvi

Well here is my story,

Originally I'm from Puerto Rico got certified back in 2001, later moved to oklahoma in 06 and havent been anywhere near a good dive spot!

Fast forward moving to Key west next month, so I'm back in the game trying to see if there is anything I would need to do to get back in the water! :eyebrow:

tried searching the board and the SSI site didnt see anyhting like it? any help will be apreciated!

Thanks
Duvi

It's called "SCUBA Skills Update" and any SSI shop would be happy to do it with you.

http://www.divessi.com/scuba_skills_update

Terry

Sweet exactly what i was looking for! Thanks

FWIW, if you find you want some extra practice, the shop would probably be happy to let you stop by for an extra pool session or two.

Terry

Hey just want to tell you enjoy EYW it is a great town to live in if you are going to be living there. the only SSI dive shop in eyw I know of is Dive Center Key West on Roosevelt Blvd

Hey just want to tell you enjoy EYW it is a great town to live in if you are going to be living there. the only SSI dive shop in eyw I know of is Dive Center Key West on Roosevelt Blvd

Yep I'll be moving to key west in the coming June right now I'm in the process of buying a house!

I'll be sure to swing by Dive Center, I need to get my wife certified also!

Nice have you been there before and have a good idea of the lay of the land? I am trying to convince my wife to move back there she loved it when we visited.

Nice have you been there before and have a good idea of the lay of the land? I am trying to convince my wife to move back there she loved it when we visited.

I've visited once for a few day and really don't remember anything! I am deployed right now and my wife is doing the house buying :p

You are in for a fun time and you are definately looking at the right time. EYW has a lot on the market and the prices have fallen tremendously. Some other things about key west, they just sank the vandenberg last year, also make friends with boats so you can dive when and where you want, also there is usually a group of people that will go out for sunday fundays on there boats. If you have your own boat awsome, make friends with people that work on the boats and have them show you around

Do u have to be certified through SSI to take the Update course. I am certified through NAUI and was traveling to Myrtle Beach in July. The local shop there (NU Horizon) is SSI with a NAUI instructor also. Do you think this would be a problem because as far as I can see SSI is the only organization that offers such a course?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom