SRP The Tray eBay Clone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm okay. I just had this cheap BCD knife that was "stainless steel" and I rinsed every time as well, but it still has some rust.

I am thinking more about connecting the handles to the tray and loc-line or whatever mounting system I use for the lights.

Hmm okay. I just had this cheap BCD knife that was "stainless steel" and I rinsed every time as well, but it still has some rust.

I am thinking more about connecting the handles to the tray and loc-line or whatever mounting system I use for the lights.
I used #10 SS screws with the hex/knurled head and SS lock washers & #10 SS flat washers I bought from Lowes to attach LocLine and at least 100 dives in salt water without any noticeable rust, not sure what the composition is, but they work. Also, Lowes had some SS "Tee" nuts that were great in case you are making a DIY and don't want to cut threads. Haven't noticed any rust there either. Understand about the knife, had one a few years back that rusted :( but it was slow rust and just looked bad- not sure it affected function) I have used brass screws too where I couldn't find the SS size I wanted and they have worked well, none have broken off. I have noticed some issues with SS screwed into Aluminum where the aluminum corrosion slightly froze the screw in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom