Sr1 blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate that someone from Sherwood has been back on the forum. Hopefully you can overlook those that have nothing constructive to offer to the thread.

I have been reading the Sherwood post for the past couple of months. First let me say this...All of my equipment is Sherwood. I like it but i always rebuild my own gear so I don't see any LDS issues. I am getting back in to recreational diving after a 15 year break. I went commercial and finally retired deep saturation diving.

I now work for one of the largest conglomerates in the world (cant say the name :d) basically "fixing" quality issues as a reliability engineer. What worries me is that as a company that builds life support equipment, I don't hear anything about root cause analysis, six sigma or any other process that fixes the actual cause of the issue weather it's from an LDS or manufacturing mistake. Does Sherwood utilize these processes to analyze failures and prevent them from happening to the next diver? How about a simple failure analysis?

Kind of worries me Mauricio as now my kids are getting certified in November and I was about to buy their gear....

Don't buy another SR1?

Seems a lot of people have reported issues with the SR1 and not just on SB. If someone couldn't tell me what the cause of the problem/s is/are I wouldn't consider buying one. In general it seems Sherwood regs have a good reputation for reliability but the SR1 unfortunately isn't one of them. My LDS back at home stopped selling them due to reliability issues. I commend the rep for trying to resolve people's issues, sounds genuinely committed to getting things resolved. I hope you all get it sorted in the end. Good luck.

I also was considering the SR1 but after reading about the underwater explosions I won't touch them. Unless the SR2 gets tested thoroughly I will not even considerm them. And with testing I am not talking "tests" from divernet, they should be tested in deep cold waters during a few thousand dives.

Why risk buying a regulator (life SAVING equipment) if there are so many problems with it to begin with? There are too many excellent alternatives for it: Atomic M1, MK25 from Scubapro, Apeks, Beuchat......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom