spyderco salt series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands:

Lately I've been carrying 2 cutting tools. One, a Spyderco Salt 1 folding knife (because 2 stainless steel dive knives rusted, and a really cheap 'titanium coated' dive knife rusted, and it has cost me too much trying to save money, so a titanium or Spyderco H1 were my options), and a Trilobyte.

While a Trilobyte blade isn't H1 or titanium, this little device is cheap (around $25), very low profile, fits on my BCD webbing securely in a tight little pocket via velcro strap, and can quickly be deployed and used one-handed.

So if you want a cutting tool that can do those things, perhaps in addition to a dive knife, you could use a Trilobyte.

Richard.

Reactions: D_B
E exactly what he said .

Does anyone sell a kydex sheath or something similar so the salt can be stored open? Although I suspect it might be too long and get in the way.

Never heard of a Trilobyte before. Had to look it up.

EezyCut | emergency cutting toolsEezyCut | emergency cutting tools

trilobyte.png

Ever try to 'open' a knife w/gloves on or in cold water !!????.......Look into the 'Z' knives or Hollis' Titanium hook knife.......

Ever try to 'open' a knife w/gloves on or in cold water !!????.......Look into the 'Z' knives or Hollis' Titanium hook knife.......

I have, yes. I'm fairly sure I could open the Spyderco Salt wearing mittens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom