Springfield Illinois - ians?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevensondrive

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy!!
I am new to this board and just thought I would see who is on here from the Central Illinois area. I have dove Key Largo, Mermet Springs and diving Haigh Quarry this weekend.
I am always looking to expand my buddy list.

Thanks!

Steve

Welcome to the board neighbor. I dove Haigh Saturday and the temperature was fantastic above the thermo. I did notice the vis has slightly worsened over the last several weeks but it is still pretty good. I have never dove Mermet Springs but have plans to do it sometime this year.

Hi. I dive mostly lake Michigan and Mermet. Anyone up for Strode lake this Saturday? It's in Canton, about 1.5 hours from Springfield. Basically it's in a city park w/no air fills and a few things sunken there, but is the closest thing I've found to Spfld and only costs $5.

Welcome to the SB. I live 15 minutes from Springfield . . . . .. . .. . . .MO :D

Good diving down this way too.

I did a search on Strode Lake. It looks kinda fun. I've done the Triathlon up in Canton before, nice area. Do you know how deep the lake is?

stevensondrive:
Do you know how deep the lake is?
Not sure, mabye 50-60' at the deepest.

Live in Bloomington and hit Haigh, Canton and Pearl mainly. Will be up at Haigh on the 16th and maybe back up there on the 25th adn 26th for AOW.

Jeff

tc_rain:
What is the vis like at Strode Lake?
So-so at best. I've only been there a couple of times and have never seen it better than 15-20'. The WIU scuba club dive there a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom