Springfest IV (2011) Th Apr 28 - Sun May 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it just so happens I'm going to be in Panama City getting cerfified during this event. Hopefully some people are still diving during the week!

I see Lives4sharks blow up(shark?), Hetland's stringed lights, DJ Johnny Mac and the karaoke, Docc's camera, I think that is Xray in the shades and my disco ball ( I never did find that thing, btw) :wink:..............we don't discuss the dancing :ignore:

Last edited:
I would love to come. Probably be alone. Have made the Mega Dive event several times when I lived in Florida. Now living in Alabama again.
I have never been to Vortex. Can you share campsites? MegaDive we all camp together.

I would love to come. Probably be alone. Have made the Mega Dive event several times when I lived in Florida. Now living in Alabama again.
I have never been to Vortex. Can you share campsites? MegaDive we all camp together.

Sort-of. Sites are like $20 a night, and they charge extra for each additional tent and each additional occupant (after the first two campers). There is a limit as to how many tents you can fit per site, and most people also park on their sites.

Vortex is always good for ONE dive, but they are removing some of the fake stuff they have in the basin, so it may be good for more if they've restored it to a more natural state. Nearby you also have Morrison Spring (free) to dive, and if you have a canoe, or are able to rent one, you can hit Cypress Spring, which has a beautiful basin and a small cavern (also free if you don't count the canoe rental fee)

You need to bring some food or some cash money :D There's LOADS of cooking going on Saturday night and if you're lucky, you might even get your stuff cooked for free, but bring something to contribute. There is usually an abundance of sausage and hot dogs, so bring some burgers, or some side items, or maybe some yummy dessert-type fixin's and throw it in the pot, or just do your own thing. There's also a few food joints in the area, and my understanding is that Vortex has hot sandwiches and stuff to sell around lunch time.

Thanks for the additional info. Sounds similar to the Mega Dive. I've been to Morrison Spring a couple of time when I was new to diving. Is anyone planning on diving St. Andrews jetties?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom