SPRINGFEST II April 24th, 25th and 26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am heading down Thursday afternoon. I should be there in the later evening so that I can get some more diving in! I want to hit Morrisons Friday, who wants to join me???

Carolyn:shark2:
PS: Did you get a new tent yet Matt? I have a snorkel you can borrow just in case! :D

I am heading down Thursday afternoon. I should be there in the later evening so that I can get some more diving in! I want to hit Morrisons Friday, who wants to join me??? :D

I plan on Diving the Jetties on my way up on Friday morning. If conditions are not great, I might join you as long as your not planning any cave diving.

Morrison is a cavern dive but is open to OW. There is also a large basin and platform to work on skills. You are welcome to join me if you like, but be aware, some of this is an overhead dive and it's about 90' at the bottom of the cavern. From the number of dives you have, this may be outside your skill levels. I did the Jetties last November at PC and that was an ineresting adventure. LOL I lost a few pieces of gear! Have fun out there and be safe!

Morrison is a cavern dive but is open to OW. There is also a large basin and platform to work on skills. You are welcome to join me if you like, but be aware, some of this is an overhead dive and it's about 90' at the bottom of the cavern. From the number of dives you have, this may be outside your skill levels. I did the Jetties last November at PC and that was an ineresting adventure. LOL I lost a few pieces of gear! Have fun out there and be safe!

I am pretty comfortable in the water. I dove Blue Grotto last month and went down to 93' and didn't have any problems. If Morrison is comparable to Blue Grotto I should be Ok.

I was at BG last weekend assisting with OW checkouts. The cavern at Morrison is beautiful and inside it is limestone so silting it up isn't an issue. You will need 2 lights at least. Always bring a spare. I will be working on some skills in the cavern and you are very welcome if your shore dives fall through.

Be aware, this is not an open cavern like at BG. You drop down in the basin and work your way down to the opening (small) then it opens into a ballroom.

Again, if it is beyond your training, then I do not recommend it. Just stick to the basin and platforms.

Last edited:
Well, YAF and I are back on for Spring Spring-Fest, but we'll be sticking close to the springs.

the K

Well ladies and gents, myself and dive buddy Brad will be attending the festivities. I'm pretty sure Denise gave my spot on her campsite to someone else since she won't answer my phone calls, so, who has room for another tent?

Frankie baby...you are always welcome to my campsite! 8A!

As I told you on the phone yesterday when you woke me after I had been to the hospital that morning and been sedated for an outpatient EGD, that I wasn't sure who all would be on my campsite but you knew that everyone would make room for you. :)

Tisk tisk....if only ya'll come have come the 17th-19th. I'll be there with my fifth wheel, a couple friends, and a big college group of OW students. Oh well... I'll have springfest vicariously through the Boards :wink: :D

I plan on Diving the Jetties on my way up on Friday morning. If conditions are not great, I might join you as long as your not planning any cave diving.

Very wise decision not to enter an overhead environment without the proper training. My crew hopefully will be there on Friday afternoon in time to do a late afternoon dive(they have class until 1pm Friday and it is about a 3 hr drive) at Morrisons if you would like to get in some more diving after your Jetties dive. My son Andy and his son Andrew are OW and there is plenty of fun diving to do at Morrisons and Vortex without getting into an overhead environment.

Tisk tisk....if only ya'll come have come the 17th-19th. I'll be there with my fifth wheel, a couple friends, and a big college group of OW students. Oh well... I'll have springfest vicariously through the Boards :wink: :D

Hey Dude....You're the one that is suppose to plan your life around us..:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom