spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello - just wanted to say a thank you to all the diving customers out there. And yes, the Southwest Ottawa County Dive Team is located in Ottawa County, Michigan, not Canada :) However I do have many great Canadian spring strap customers!

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions regarding the spring straps, or visit me at my website.

Thank and safe diving!

Scott

TheDivingPreacher:
I am going to buy them from springstraps.com I'll let you know how they fit and what size I got.

Boogie,
Perhaps you can answer. How much should the spring stretch from rest in order to fit properly when on the boot? 1/2"? 1"? what?

thanks

It's tough to give a black and white answer, but how about - yes. Probably a bit more. You want them tight enough that you're not going to kick them off accidentally, but loose enough that you're not going to hurt yourself. For the most part, the tensile pull between a 1" stretch and a 4" stretch is kind of small - once it's "stretched," it's stretched. The advantage of this is that it's rather simple to size the things.

For reference sake, by the way, with my size 12 DUI Rock Boots, I use an 11" spring strap from 5th Dimension on my Turtle Fins. I had the 12" on there earlier and lost a fin. The springs I sell are nearly universally 11".

Got jet fin springs from springstraps.com, aqualung (post) straps from Boogie. Boogie's are a bit better but both OK. The 11" from Spring straps are small for my size 10 foot in a dry suit boot with XL jets.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom