Spring Straps for SP Twin Jet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skraalie

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello.
I have 2 pairs of SP TwinJet. One has the spring straps with the buckle. I know this a point of weakness so I wish to get the spring straps without the buckle for my 2nd pair.. ie the ones that fit the jetfins. Can anyone tell me how I attach these to the Twinjets. Just put the pins in the holes where the old pins are now and squeeze with a large pair to pliers? Or is there more to that?
Thanks

Yes. you can use the same SS used in the Jet fins.

There is no magic except squeeze the wire into the holes..

Good luck.

I've also got a pair of SP Twin Jet fins I's like to put spring straps on. Just for clarification, if I take the plastic swivel buckle off of the fins at the attach point, I can install the spring straps that are made for the SP Jet fins by squeezing the pins on the strap into the holes on the fin? And the connection will be completely secure, no chance of the pins coming out of the holes? Thanks.

After getting the pin into the holes in the buckle, I squeezed the buckle with a pair of pliers and then peened over the ends of the pin so there was no worry about the buckle bending. Granted, if I ever need to remove them, I'll need to file/grind the pins out. But I know they won't fall out.

After getting the pin into the holes in the buckle, I squeezed the buckle with a pair of pliers and then peened over the ends of the pin so there was no worry about the buckle bending. Granted, if I ever need to remove them, I'll need to file/grind the pins out. But I know they won't fall out.

Stevead, from your description, it sounds like you're using the XS Scuba or similar model on your Twin Jets. They look like they'll do the job just fine for me.

I also want to change my wife's Twin Jets over to spring straps, and am considering Innovative's model made for SP Jets and not the ones made specifically for SP Twin Jets with the plastic male clips, which are model RB-4551. I want to get rid of and stay away from plastic clips to reduce failure points. The rubber sheath and finger loop that's on Innovative models would be better for my wife's fins.

I'm looking for input from anyone who has Twin Jets and has completely removed Scuba Pro's plastic swivel and buckle strap assembly from the fin and replaced it with Innovative's model RB-4611 spring strap made for SP Jets, as shown below. I'm concerned about how strong and secure the wire is once you squeeze the ends into the holes on the fin.

OMS's version, model FS-1, looks nice too, but it doesn't have the finger loop.

Innovative-Grip-Tight-Spring-Fin-Strap-Pair.jpg

I want to use these on SP Twin Jets. Anyone had good luck with them? Anyone hate them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom