Spring strap position?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today I got a box in the mail. As I looked at the label I noted it said 'ScubaToys'. This of course got a Yipee! out of me....

Inside were my new black Avanti Quattro fins, with medium Manta spring straps already installed (thanks Larry!). I just tried them on, but I'm not really sure where the springs are supposed to go. They feel a bit tight when they're where I wear my normal straps. They feel fine hooked over the sole part of the heel, but I don't think they'll stay there.

So where are they supposed to go?

thanks

It should be a right above the left yellow section on the picture.
BTW, your shippment is so quick. I am still waiting for the item remaining from Larry.

teknitroxdiver:
Today I got a box in the mail. As I looked at the label I noted it said 'ScubaToys'. This of course got a Yipee! out of me....

Inside were my new black Avanti Quattro fins, with medium Manta spring straps already installed (thanks Larry!). I just tried them on, but I'm not really sure where the springs are supposed to go. They feel a bit tight when they're where I wear my normal straps. They feel fine hooked over the sole part of the heel, but I don't think they'll stay there.

So where are they supposed to go?

thanks

Okay that's what I thought. If it's a bit uncomfortable (okay, a bit more than a 'bit'), should I get a larger size, or is it not as uncomfortable in-water?

Yeah, my shipment was very fast, especially for UPS ground. I ordered on Wednesday (I think....) and apparently he shipped it that day as well (Wow! Especially sense I ordered at like 6:15PM).

Wow, I envy you... I hope I can get it soon. It is a longer than what it used to be.
Maybe, Larry doesn't get the item in stock yet.

Anyway, I am not sure Manta spring has a string inside to prevent the over extension.
I would recommend extending the spring intentionally a little bit. (such as hang it on the hanger with some weight) It used to be stretch out a little bit after wearing a few times. Otherwise, you have to replace the spring. What size of shoes are you wearing?

I am size 9 on 5 mm wet boot and size 10 on Rock boot with 11 inch spring. It works well.

teknitroxdiver:
Okay that's what I thought. If it's a bit uncomfortable (okay, a bit more than a 'bit'), should I get a larger size, or is it not as uncomfortable in-water?

Yeah, my shipment was very fast, especially for UPS ground. I ordered on Wednesday (I think....) and apparently he shipped it that day as well (Wow! Especially sense I ordered at like 6:15PM).

12 or 13, depending. My booties are 12. Now that I look at the chart again I might shoulda got the next bigger size.

The Manta straps have no string (hmm).

Did you have a right size spring?

I mean Manta spring only comes with one size or three different sizes?
I know some spring comes with 8 or 9 inch. But, 11 inch is pretty much covers all size.
My GF complains it is too big for her though...:wink:

teknitroxdiver:
I'm not sure I understand your question...sorry.

Hey get the one size larger one. The size on the chart is not an actual spring length. It is an overall length. I am talking about an actual spring length.......:wink:

Make your life easy... Larry won't mind it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom