Spring is here. Who's going diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Spent most of an enjoyable weekend outside. Unfortunately, most of it was doing chores. My BCD and regs are still at the LDS for annual service, although I do have 3 tanks full of air. Plans are starting to be made, with dives planned for the first 2 weekends in May.

Who else is diving or will be soon?

My boat goes back in the water tomorrow and that means I'll be diving some of the wrecks I charter to very soon. Probably after a get a bit of the fishing out of my blood! :wink:

got my gear back from the LDS - ready to hit the water when its warmer... still diving wet so I guess I'll be waiting a while... any one know what the water temps are like so far???

COLD!! :wink: Checking my log book, last year May 2, Gullivers Lake (max 25 feet) was 48F and the following weekend Sherkston (deeper) was 44F. By May 12, Gullivers was up to 56F, Kingston on May 15 was 39F @ 100ft (didn't record surface temp) and May 30th The Morrison in Barrie was 41F (Boney, I think you were there that day?). And by June 3 Gullivers was up to 62F (almost time for the 3mm :eyebrow: )
Plan to have my boat launched the 5th or 6th of May and spend that weekend rigging (it's a sailboat, have to raise the mast, bend on sails), clean up and get ready for the season on the 7th. Then a clean up dive at a local quarry on the 8th. (May squeeze in a dip while we're up at the boat).
Then the next weekend (14/15) I'm off to Kingston to help raise the mooring lines.

Last year my first dive was April 2nd on the Morrison in Barrie...so far this year Kempnefeld Bay is still covered in ice. :11:

Yeah, I just checked the Barrie Webcams. Looks like there's a couple of spots open, so may not be long till it's gone. Saw in another post that a new line may be run to the Morrison.

That was probably me Groundhog... if I recall that was a cold one. I believe I went there a couple of weeks prior as well but I haven't checked my log book so I can't comment on the temps. At 40F, should be able to get a good 30 minute dive in before my fingers go numb...
Gotta check that other thread...

I plan on diving may 8th in sault ste marie, still diving wet, but i think it will be fine. I dive the niagra 2 in toby wet so i think i can handle the river. I have friends that have been to gilboa a few times, but damn university and work get in the way, have to pay for school and diving somehow. Anyways, congrats to all that have dived already.

eric

Scuba_18:
I plan on diving may 8th in sault ste marie, still diving wet, but i think it will be fine. I dive the niagra 2 in toby wet so i think i can handle the river. I have friends that have been to gilboa a few times, but damn university and work get in the way, have to pay for school and diving somehow. Anyways, congrats to all that have dived already.

eric

Eric - were planning on some upper river dives this coming weekend - I'll let you know what the temps are (friggin c o l d, is what they are)..... I've got some new toys I've been wanting to try out....

SS

Back
Top Bottom