Spring Fool's Megadive 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

You guys are starting to frighten me. All this talk of rum, toilet paper and fire..........

They all go together in some way ... depends on the concentration of rum over a finite period of time.

You guys are starting to frighten me. All this talk of rum, toilet paper and fire..........
It's all good and if you make it to one megadive, you're usually won't want to miss another. We do this twice a year by the way. In the spring around the same time and in the fall around Halloween.

Anyone know what the water will be like that time of year I'm thinking about driving down but I wanted to know what suit to bring?

Anyone know what the water will be like that time of year I'm thinking about driving down but I wanted to know what suit to bring?

Yeah! We would love to see you again! :D
The water is spring water 72 - 74 all year round. A 3 to 5 mil wetsuit is what most of us wear. Are you going to be camping or staying at the hotel? And are you planning on checking out any other parts of FL while your down this way?

Oh no, not the toilet paper again!

I suggest a dance off around the fire! :popcorn: I will gladly watch

The noob rituals are quite frightening,:wink: the rum makes it much easier :cheers:(and more entertaining!)

It's all good and if you make it to one megadive, you're usually won't want to miss another. We do this twice a year by the way. In the spring around the same time and in the fall around Halloween.

Too true. I’ve been waiting for April Megadive since the last day of the October one!

I wore my 3mm shorty on top of my 3mm full wetsuit and I was fine. I only started to get a bit chilly at the end of the Galaxy Dive on Saturday night. I might look into a hood for this time, still thinking.

Sounds like fun! Add two noobs to the list! (Ron & Mary)

We'll bring burgers, buns, Doritos, salsa, a dessert and from what I've read on the previous threads, rum.

While rum is great, I endorse any delicious beverage! ….Otherwise, I cannot wait for more Noobs! hehehe :D

1. If you fall in the fire, it's your own fault (try not to unless you are extremely cold)

2. A hood or beanie would be a good idea. I wear a 5mm/hood/gloves and did not get cold

3. Bring an extra helping of "sense of humor" to the bonfire. Saute that in an adult beverage and everything will eventually become clear. :D

"There are many roads on the path to enlightenment" "One who consumes much rum may find himself mortified before dawn"

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom