Spring Fling '09?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would ya'll consider having the next Fling at Windy Point on Lake Travis in Austin?

I'd be happy to help host and I'm sure many other southern swampers would be glad to help out as well, providing firewood, grub, and organizing to make it easier on those coming from out of town. I don't think you can find a more centrally located dive site in Texas :wink:

If you haven't been, Windy Point offers lakeside camping, on-site air fills, plenty of underwater variety and depth; plus this year Lake Travis Scuba will be operating the Giant Stride from Windy Point for some 1st class Texas boat diving :D

What do ya'll think?

Mid June I am thick into some special projects at work, but can fully support a Lake Travis get together under the old oak tree.

Travis has so much to offer, add LakeTravisScuba to the mix, and if you have not done the walls, wreck alley, Cypress wall, Starnes Island, shaker plant, I am sure it could be worked into the weekend diving activities, I will bbq again with Zinc's help and the FUN is on again.

Let me know the groups plans. If it's Central I can make it, anywhere else, can't make it this year, unless i hit the lottery before June, then all bets off about the work thing.

Everyone - TSD's - mean so much to me and I look forward to meeting all the TSD's and families I have not had to opporutnity to meet and dive with yet, and see the ones I have not seen in years.

Spring Fling - fun, exciting and wonderful time together.........great thread

Shawn O'Shea

Lake Travis at Windy Point will be fine for me. Tonight we had a short conversation at our NTX TSD Gathering and were thinking the mid to the end of May would be best. For me my daughter will be graduating basic training for the Air Force sometime in June, we do not know the exact date yet. I would surely love to go and camp out this time around. I do understand that not everyone can be pleased so whatever the best time for the majority will just have to do.

Okay... Here's a totally different, radical idea: would anyone want to do Spring Fling in the spring??? Like maybe even one of the spring break weekends? (Would probably want to be at the Comal if that early in the spring, so non-drysuit divers could participate more readily/happily.) My spring break is March 16-20 this year, is anyone else on a different week? Summer Fling would not be far off... we should set a June or early July date soon (4th?), so people will be able to reserve the weekend in their busy schedules. And, yes, Fooman and I would be willing to go to Austin in the summer, yall need to show us the ropes at Travis. ;-) We would also be willing to travel to the south to Mammoth, which might be a great fling site. Instead of March, maybe "May at Mammoth?" And we want to welcome anyone to come north to CSSP for Welcome-Back-Alan-Fling some day soon. As long as we're brainstorming, thought I'd throw in some different notes to consider.

And... yes, Jello shots will be high on the priority list. Last years were margarita- any special requests?

Foo - that would be fine except for the people who are going somewhere for Spring Break. I'm going to be in Bimini that week. And March is just a little chilly here in Texas. I am all about waiting until its warm - April/May sounds good to me.

Okay... Here's a totally different, radical idea: would anyone want to do Spring Fling in the spring??? Like maybe even one of the spring break weekends? (Would probably want to be at the Comal if that early in the spring, so non-drysuit divers could participate more readily/happily.) My spring break is March 16-20 this year, is anyone else on a different week? Summer Fling would not be far off... we should set a June or early July date soon (4th?), so people will be able to reserve the weekend in their busy schedules. And, yes, Fooman and I would be willing to go to Austin in the summer, yall need to show us the ropes at Travis. ;-) We would also be willing to travel to the south to Mammoth, which might be a great fling site. Instead of March, maybe "May at Mammoth?" And we want to welcome anyone to come north to CSSP for Welcome-Back-Alan-Fling some day soon. As long as we're brainstorming, thought I'd throw in some different notes to consider.

And... yes, Jello shots will be high on the priority list. Last years were margarita- any special requests?

I have not had a jello shot yet.........hopefully this year we will break through....

FYI..........The morning of April 19th I will be at Mammoth diving.

April, May, or June will work for the Kunk's. We were planning a trip to Travis over Father's day weekend in June, but we can switch that for another month. Maybe if we plan the day this far ahead of time, everyone will be able to plan for it better.

Rhonda

Based on previous comments & I thought that more people would show up in late May or June b/c

1) water temps are warmer
2) it's easier for many to get time off for travel, schools out, etc.

We're up for whatever the majority decides, and will do our best to make it whereever and whenever it settles! Thanks, Zinc-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom