Spring Fin Straps for Mares Quattro Avanti Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Around $75, from what I can see.
Same price here, $75 AU.

1677200522453.png

Bought a pair of used Quattros just because of the already installed spring straps for 20€ and they work great.

View attachment 771205View attachment 771206
These have the problem illustrated in that old thread, shown here.

why would I want to consider these springs over a Mares OEM strap? I always enjoyed the release buckle that extends the strap but does not release it. Always worked well for me getting back on the boat, etc....
I just replaced the straps on a set of Quattros I've have since 2001. The plastic release buckle snapped when I was releasing it. You can get mares straps for $45 on Amazon.

Mares https://a.co/d/52wi6UY

Yeah now I'm back to reality
Never used the Mares unfolding buckle, I swap to on most fins the tried and proven Never Let Me Down

Tabata USA straps and buckles, 20 plus years old NOS

126.JPG

and for the doesn't fit too tight too hard to pull too short achilles snapping current strap
I am out looking for a middle ages soldier guy on his battlement that needs a new string
for his crossbow

Actually just recently bought new Quatro Avanti's and these straps from XS snap right on and work perfectly. I'm a size 12 and the XL length of the straps are perfect for both my hard sole wetsuit booties and my drysuit boots.

cUzV50h.jpg

I have a pair of Mares Bungee Straps on my Quattros and love them.
Changed back to bungee straps for the diving I am doing .

Changed back to bungee straps for the diving I am doing .
The new Mares Quatroes come stock with those exact bungie straps.... I just like the spring straps better and so now the bungies are in my save a dive kit...... Actually one of them lives in my BC pocket, along with other save-a-dive stuff like extra mask strap, o-rings, etc..... for Bonaire shore diving!

Has anyone purchased spring fin straps that fit on the Mares Quattro Avanti fins?
Yes. Me! I have the ones mentioned right below this....
Highland makes these.
I have been using the Highland ones for 550 dives and love them. I also carry spares. They come sized (well, when I bought them they did) so be sure to measure and pick the right ones.

Back
Top Bottom