Spring Fin Straps for Jetfins - Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys...

I wear a size 9 wetsuit boot and use a large jetfin. I'm assuming the 11" spring straps will work just fine, but after seeing that they may just fit someone with a size 10, I'm curious if they will be too small.

I measured around and got anywhere between 12"-13". This was done from the top part of the buckle housing on my jets (where it form's a U-shape).

Am I measuring wrong or does this sound right? Think the 11" spring straps are the right size?

Original thread: here (figured it might do better in the Fin forum :wink:)

You can always order different sizes from EE and send the one that didn't fit back (per their 30 day policy).

Not the cleanest solution, but if you want to make sure.

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
You can always order different sizes from EE and send the one that didn't fit back (per their 30 day policy).
Sorry Matt, I'm not familiar with EE :blush:.

The ones I was actually looking at are these:
Jetfin Spring Straps
They looked to be a good price (a little better than the ones on the 5th Dimension site).

A lot of people have been buying them, so I guess they work pretty well. But if you know of a different/better place to get them that would help too :D! I'm only going to be wearing them with wetsuit boots, as I don't have a drysuit just yet.

have to cut about an inch off the 11" springs when I make them for use with a wetsuit boot and large jetfins. The 11" spring is perfect for me with XL Jet Fins & drysuit boots.

Dave D

Dr. Jay,

I'm in the same place (though I'm waiting for my Jetfins to come in so I guess that isn't the same place)... I saw those on ebay too, looks like they went the DIY route and now are selling them (11" is exactly the length of the McMaster-Carr springs).

My plan is to get them from 5th Dimension http://fifthd.com/cgi-bin/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=5AG&Category_Code=01-5DSI

Only a few bucks more than ebay and you get to pick your size. Also, mention you saw them online and they'll deduct another 10%.

At least it's another source.

Paul

Funny you mention that Paul. I just got off the 5th D site and saw the straps they sell. The "Buy it Now" option on E-bay just went up 5 bucks (I guess he got smart :)), so I'll really only be spending a few bucks more and I get them from a brick-and-mortar company (plus I'm sure MHK will be happy I'm patronizing the DIR store :D).

I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask about the sizing thing. I'll probably place the order then.

Thanks for the info!
Jason

Dr. Jay,

Why don't you just drive up to Extreme Exposure? Its only 1.5 hours from you in High Springs right down the road from Ginnie Springs.

Wendy once bubbled...
Why don't you just drive up to Extreme Exposure? Its only 1.5 hours from you in High Springs right down the road from Ginnie Springs.
Hmmm....was that the shop that is actually in the big house at Ginnie Springs? I noticed a while back when I was down there they had canister lights and stuff.

I like the idea of getting them from a shop cuz I can try them on, but the price I would pay in gas and tax would probably be greater than the ~$50 I could get them off 5th D site. They listed for $76 on the EE site, but are they any cheaper in the store? Are the Halcyon ones that much better?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom