Split fins? or conventional ones?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok heres my 2 cents from an old salt as I noticed 0-24 dives this means you are new so get a pair of ridged fins and learn to kick them proper . no bicycle kicking and then if you wish move to splits but splits with the speed of classes now only 2 to 4 days you wont have the time to fix you kick and our bodies do the easiest thing and I have seen many mant students on there bicycle in the split fins and they develop a bad habit . if you bicycle in split fins you still move if you bike in the solid fin you dont move so well in the water

the short answer is use the inexpensive solid fin frist hope this helps welcome to scuba

You could use this one...

ScarJo_popcorn-1.gif

It doesn't end! :O She just keeps eating and eating! It's freaking me out. :shakehead:

I'm disappointed, two days on a split fin thread and only 13 posts, and not even hostile ones. What is this board coming to? I was expecting entertainment.

I'll be going now.

Bob
--------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed, two days on a split fin thread and only 13 posts, and not even hostile ones. What is this board coming to? I was expecting entertainment.

I'll be going now.

I hear there's a "Spare Air" thread brewing over in the "Tanks" forum!

the "Tanks" forum!

I have a forum? :confused:

I've tried to spend most of my life propelling forwards.
Get them all use them all.

I'll be going now.

Bob
--------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

It got hijacked by Scarlett Johansson!

Can anyone tell me the real difference when you are diving???
Which ones are better?

Thanks!

To answer this, we should know :
  • your fitness level...does your fitness include cardio ? Do you bike ride at all?
  • are you the kind of diver that wants to cruise fast ( or will your buddies) or are you far more interested in slow relaxing swimming.
  • will you always avoid large current areas to dive, or wil you seek them out, because of the rich marine life found in them
  • are you quick to learn coordination skills, or is this a slow process for you?
If you have poor fitness and want to swim slow, and will avaoid high current areas, then get the split fins.

If you are a cyclist, and are coordinated, you want freediving fins.

With a detailed answer for the questions above, a good suggestion could be made for all the options in the middle :D

Regards,
DanV

Back
Top Bottom