split fins in pink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloysius

Registered
Reaction score
My wife loves my split fins and wants to get a pair of her own, but she wants them in pink. Does anyone know who makes split fins in pink. I have looked all over the net and at our LDS but I can't find any.

I sincerely hope not

Jeesss.. please tel me you're kidding

:wacko:

A couple of years ago I got a deal I couldn't pass up on a pink AL80. I do a lot of poor viz diving (Great Lakes, quarries, etc.), and have been told more than once by dive buddies that, when all else is pea soup, they can still see my pink tank.
I now own a couple of them. I'll put up with the kidding for that extra edge in the viz department.
:makeday:

My wife gets a lot of grief over her pink gear, but we live in Iowa and dive a lot of local lakes where the vis is usually around 2-3 feet. The pink really stands out. She is always easiest to spot and I always know it is her because no one else that we dive with has pink.

Force Fin makes pink and many other bright colors. Brighter the better. Often in poor visabilty bright colors help keep you and your buddy together. I bought black Force Fin Pro's but will get bright yellow next time.

I saw a pair of pink fins on ebay the other day so you might check there.

I have plenty of pink stuff (detailed list available! :D) and no one has complained about not being able to see me or tell me apart from other divers. I have pink fins but not split-fins. :(

I get razzed a lot about my pink stuff but everyone knows which equipment is mine and never have I had someone accidentally mistake my gear for theirs.

My latest acquisition: pink fox40 whistle

My LDS has a pink tank in rental equipment. I keep threatening to buy it.

Diverlady :pbounce:

Why does everyone have such a problem with Pink? Pink is cool! Misundahztood is the greatest album since... Oh, the color! :wink:

Actually, I agree that pink is great for visibility, and I see no problem with it. Maybe it's that I grew up during the 80's (the fluorescent years), but I like things in pink, and I am a guy who used to play neighborhood football where we usually quit each day when someone was hurt too much to keep playing! :wacko: (Not your limp wristed flamer, in other words) (And BTW, limp wristed flamers all not always gay, and homosexuals are often not limp wristed flamers, just to clear up that "I'm offended!" debate before it starts; and yes, I have several friends that fall into one or both of those categories.)

I say pink rocks. My wife has pink fins, so I had to go with green to keep my stuff bright and different from everyone else. Actually, I probably wouldn't have gone pink anyway, but I certainly see no offense in having people around me with pink equipment, and I know I won't get my gear mixed up with theirs that way.

Tusa X-perts come in red...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom