Spiegel Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steelyeyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are headed to the Keys in the end of May. We're mostly going to be in the lower keys but we may drive up to meet a friend in the Key Largo area and were thinking a trip on the Spiegel Grove would be nice. We really don't like cattle boats so I'm looking for a tip on a small boat operator in the Key Largo area that someone can recommend. Thanks.

I dove with, and like, Conch Republic Home in Tavernier. Non-cattle boats, no hand holding, just a concise briefing.

On your way back north get a Key Lime Pie from the Blond Giraffe.

Last edited:
I like Conch Republic, Quiescence and Rainbow Reef.

Conch has a big boat that is seldom sold out so usually has plenty of space to stretch out. Conch rents 100 c.f. tanks which is nice to have on a wreck like the Spiegle Grove. Conch is usually my first choice.

Quiescence is a six pack, the most you'll have is 5 other divers. Not sure about tank sizes.

Rainbow Reef has big Newtons like Conch, but they are almost always sold out so can be crowded. The max tank size for nitrox is 80 c.f. They include guides for the base price unlike most shops.

All have good staffs and boat captains.

I dove there several days and we went with Rainbow Reef. Had a blast. Not too crowded and the boats we're comfortable.

My wife and I are headed to the Keys in the end of May. We're mostly going to be in the lower keys but we may drive up to meet a friend in the Key Largo area and were thinking a trip on the Spiegel Grove would be nice. We really don't like cattle boats so I'm looking for a tip on a small boat operator in the Key Largo area that someone can recommend. Thanks.

Good Morning! We run a 6 pack boat and go out to the Spiegel and Duane often. If you'd like more information, please don't hesitate!

Amber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom