Spiegel Grove??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LJ: You should not feel like you were in the wrong, casemanager will never learn, he/she acts like they are 12. Not knowing what the Nitox mix was says it all.... doesn't it?

genenaples:
LJ: You should not feel like you were in the wrong, casemanager will never learn, he/she acts like they are 12. Not knowing what the Nitox mix was says it all.... doesn't it?

I never said I didnt know what my Nitrox Mix was, I new perfectly well, I said I did not watch the tank get filled as I got it from my instructor and who knows if that played any role.

Jeesh, tough crowd -- NOW they tell us we're supposed to actually know what's in the tank. I prefer just going to the shop and saying "I want some of that high test nitrous, fill 'er up." :)

CM, this one isn't aimed at you, but the thread has devolved a bit, I hope you would agree. Hopefully by now you've gotten whatever inputs people have, can make your own assessment as to what/how things went wrong, possible ways to improve the experience going forward. Some things sound reasonable, solid suggestions however they were phrased, others are speculation, some are pretty wild. Good luck! (really, not luck, but practice, slow stretching of one's boundaries, good planning/execution, and knowing when to call it if things are outside of the comfort zone)

casemanager:
Did I fill my tank, No, I got it from my instructor which was sitting in the back of his truck for 2 days unwatched. Who knows!!

My point exactly, it is every diver's responsibilty to check the tank before your dive, either at the dock or on the boat. If you check the tank at the dive shop,that is OK as well, even two days before, as long as you sign the tank label and note the number of the tank on the label. Personaly I check the day of the dive if the tank has been out of my possesion.

MarkFM your high test comment was sarcasim, right?

I haven't yet taken a nitrox course, though I am anxious to do so. Im sure I will learn how to analyze my mix, but let me ask a dumb ( or in this case ignorant - since I am ingorant of this informatin at this time) HOW does a diver analyze the mix once it is in the tank?

A Nitrox analyzer is a little box with an O2 sensor in it. You calibrate it to regular air, either from a tank or room air, then blow the contents of the tank you are testing across the sensor. Easier to do than describe to someone that hasn't seen it done.
Take the class. It's a good one.

Joe

skybird:
HOW does a diver analyze the mix once it is in the tank?

With a little machine called an oxygen analyser :)

Calibrate it to normal air then it'll tell you % of oxygen in the mix.

Trimix divers also analyse helium in a similar way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom