Spiegel Grove Friday 2/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fins:
The Turks & Caicos trip doesn't count, my wife made me go there. I was just being a loving husband by accompanying her on a white sand beach Christmas :)

Well, this is my wife's birthday present, so it doesn't count either!

DougRencher:
Sounds like fun. I have called BWD and made my reservations for the 18 Feb dive of the Speigal Grove. I anticipate some interesting photo op's on the "Grove".

Great! This will shortly be an all SB charter...!!

detroit diver:
Great! This will shortly be an all SB charter...!!

Except for one cold and lonesome dive buddy back here in Michigan :(

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

fins:
Except for one cold and lonesome dive buddy back here in Michigan :(

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

TIme to buy a scooter and take a class from Brando!

detroit diver:
TIme to buy a scooter and take a class from Brando!

The class part is in the works. We're going to do DPV as part of AOW.
But buying a scooter, well that may take a while. Know anyone I can borrow one from :)

fins:
The class part is in the works. We're going to do DPV as part of AOW.
But buying a scooter, well that may take a while. Know anyone I can borrow one from :)

Well, I did until Scot sold his!

detroit diver:
Well, I did until Scot sold his!

You know those X-scooters are pretty small and fast too. I'll bet that it would be pretty easy to slip away with one if Scot or Brando were properly distracted :)

KeyLargoBrent:
At the request of Detroit Diver & Harley Diver, we're planning double dips on the Spiegel Grove all day on Fri 2/18. We plan to remain onsite above the wreck for two hours in the morning, and again for two hours in the afternoon. We'll return to the dock mid day to "refuel". Mixed gas is BYOB. Experienced wreck divers feel free to PM me for details.

I've done 4 dives on the Spiegel Grove and tell you, it's big - 515 ft. I've been lucky not to have had killer currents, as I've heard can occur. The vis was 80 to 100 ft last time I dove it. I dove it when it was only about 40 ft and you never felt the full scope of the wreck when it was low vis. If the vis is not good you lose the full affect. The toughest part of the dive was at the surface, through 5 ft chop, from tag line to granny line and down the buoy line.

fins:
You know those X-scooters are pretty small and fast too. I'll bet that it would be pretty easy to slip away with one if Scot or Brando were properly distracted :)

It's hard to walk without kneecaps.....

detroit diver:
It's hard to walk without kneecaps.....

This is true.

Oh, well my frog kick needs a lot of work anyway :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom