Spiegel Grove Friday 2/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KeyLargoBrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
At the request of Detroit Diver & Harley Diver, we're planning double dips on the Spiegel Grove all day on Fri 2/18. We plan to remain onsite above the wreck for two hours in the morning, and again for two hours in the afternoon. We'll return to the dock mid day to "refuel". Mixed gas is BYOB. Experienced wreck divers feel free to PM me for details.

KeyLargoBrent:
At the request of DeepStops & HarleyDiver, we're planning double dips on the Spiegel Grove all day on Fri 2/18. We plan to remain onsite above the wreck for two hours in the morning, and again for two hours in the afternoon. We'll return to the dock mid day to "refuel". Mixed gas is BYOB. Experienced wreck divers feel free to PM me for details.

Don't forget, we also requested calm seas, no current & 200' vis. :wink: :wink:

See ya next week,

Is this going to be a tech dive by any chance? A couple of us up here in the FLL area are looking for an operation that is tech friendly and will let 3 to 4 divers spend a little more time on the wreck then the NDL's allow. All of us are, at least, Adv Nitrox and Deco certified.

Padipro:
Is this going to be a tech dive by any chance? A couple of us up here in the FLL area are looking for an operation that is tech friendly and will let 3 to 4 divers spend a little more time on the wreck then the NDL's allow. All of us are, at least, Adv Nitrox and Deco certified.
We'll be onsite for two hours. I suppose you might plan one long dive, rather than two short ones. On our boat, divers are still responsible for safely planning and executing their own dives. Some will be sporting doubles and scooters.

KeyLargoBrent:
............ Some will be sporting doubles and scooters.

Well, um, that would be us! WJL, BCS and myself will be joining you guys. I hope the weather cooperates! See ya next week.

:eyebrow: I wanna come

detroit diver:
Well, um, that would be us! WJL, BCS and myself will be joining you guys. I hope the weather cooperates! See ya next week.

Ya Ya Ya, warm clear water, new scooters, blah, blah, blah I'm still really jealous. but don't give it a second thought, go ahead, off to Florida, just leave me here in the gloom and cold of February in Michigan. As your plane is taking off look down, I'll be the guy huddled around a campfire at SMP waiting for the ice to melt.

Oh I almost forgot, Have A Great Time :)

fins:
Ya Ya Ya, warm clear water, new scooters, blah, blah, blah I'm still really jealous. but don't give it a second thought, go ahead, off to Florida, just leave me here in the gloom and cold of February in Michigan. As your plane is taking off look down, I'll be the guy huddled around a campfire at SMP waiting for the ice to melt.

Oh I almost forgot, Have A Great Time :)

Let's see- the last time I looked up YOUR plane was taking off to, if I remember correctly, the Turks and Caicos. Just about the time when it was around 0 degrees here. I'll get the ol' violin out for ya!

SMP should be open by the time we get back... :eyebrow:

See ya!

detroit diver:
Let's see- the last time I looked up YOUR plane was taking off to, if I remember correctly, the Turks and Caicos. Just about the time when it was around 0 degrees here. I'll get the ol' violin out for ya!

SMP should be open by the time we get back... :eyebrow:

See ya!

The Turks & Caicos trip doesn't count, my wife made me go there. I was just being a loving husband by accompanying her on a white sand beach Christmas :)

Sounds like fun. I have called BWD and made my reservations for the 18 Feb dive of the Speigal Grove. I anticipate some interesting photo op's on the "Grove".

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom