Sphere....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I watched Sphere on netflix, semi entertaining movie, but I thought it was interesting that they called there dive gear a "rebreather" when it was obviously open circuit. big square box on their backs and bubbles leaving their lighted helmets :confused: and a gauge console running out under the whole mess, no fins, they ran on the bottom???? (lead shoes?) where was this filmed? looked like pacific Jelly fish in one scene. :D

Any way as far as a review, interesting twist on the time travel issue, would have liked to see the giant squid or at least one of its arms or something. :rofl3:

I watched Sphere on netflix, semi entertaining movie, but I thought it was interesting that they called there dive gear a "rebreather" when it was obviously open circuit. big square box on their backs and bubbles leaving their lighted helmets :confused: and a gauge console running out under the whole mess, no fins, they ran on the bottom???? (lead shoes?) where was this filmed? looked like pacific Jelly fish in one scene. :D

Any way as far as a review, interesting twist on the time travel issue, would have liked to see the giant squid or at least one of its arms or something. :rofl3:

Semi closed rebreather maybe? I forget, what year was that movie made?

I think I saw it once, but remember reading the book years back...

The book was published in 1987, the movie is from 1998. From the book, I have the impression that they are using rebreathers, and breathing trimix.

It's been a while since I saw the movie and even longer since I read the book. I do recall thinking that the movie was a very disappointing adaptation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom