SPG placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUE teaches a situational awareness check far more often than every five minutes -- more like every 30 seconds or so. But SPG checking varies. I was taught to do it every five minutes during a cave dive, and to take "snapshots" of depth, time, gas and cave topography. In open water, I don't recall being told how often to check my gauge. We ARE expected to know what that pressure will be BEFORE we check it, though.

SOP Manual ver 1.0
It is encouraged that a Sit Check be conducted at the start of the dive and approximately every five minutes thereafter. :idk:

Bob:
... since your stuff is still here, I don't think that counts (thus demonstrating that DIR mods do, in fact, have a sense of humor) ...

Since my stuff is not, does that indicate that non-DIR mods do not? Godwin's Law was invoked; I merely proved its truthiness.

Since my stuff is not, does that indicate that non-DIR mods do not? Godwin's Law was invoked; I merely proved its truthiness.

Replies to trolls are collateral damage in thread cleanups. Trying to preserve bits out of replies and maintain a coherent thread generally doesn't work and takes a lot of effort...

Replies to trolls are collateral damage in thread cleanups. Trying to preserve bits out of replies and maintain a coherent thread generally doesn't work and takes a lot of effort...

Yeah it wasn't a serious complaint. I don't envy you mods your job (especially not in this forum!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom