Spg backup to transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backup spg to transmitter

Hey just to sum it up i am a pretty experienced diver And i am just starting to dive sidemount and i have ordered the perdix 2 and 2 swift transmitters but i was thinking about if i could swap the spg with the transmitter that way i don't have a annoying bulge in my arm pit. But are they relayabel enough to do so or should I have a back up i have also thought about just getting a Button spg that what i have just a little back up. In my owd i was told always yo have a back up but that what 5 years ago my i changed?
I dive with air integration from garmin but I always keep the good old analog just incase. Lot of people want to get read of the one hose but me personally I feel safer with the analog spg as my back up .I don't look at it much but I know it's always there

I think I am going to start running dual transmitters on everything for redundancy. I think that should cover annoying everybody with an opinion in either direction.

I think I am going to start running dual transmitters on everything for redundancy. I think that should cover annoying everybody with an opinion in either direction.

That's what I have been doing for years. I use two transmitter/dive computer pairs from two different manufacturers.

I think I’m going to start running J valves for redundancy for my transmitters; I can annoy those that your dual transmitters might have missed 😏

Running sidemount with transmitters, still battling whether having a transmitter sticking out at 90 degrees from the regulator is mechanicly sound. Does the metal of the regulator (brass) and the transmitter (also presumably brass) give enough structural integrity to withstand the occasional inadvertent impact? For now I've accepted a bit of risk by connecting the transmitters with a 6 inch hose that i tuck under a neoprene tank band, instead of having the transmitter sticking down from the Hollis DCX first stages.

During one of my liveaboard trips my Datapro failed and my OC1 air integrated computer displayed started to fail. Since then I have moved to a Datapro 3 and Scubapro G2. Will always have a backup.

Running sidemount with transmitters, still battling whether having a transmitter sticking out at 90 degrees from the regulator is mechanicly sound. Does the metal of the regulator (brass) and the transmitter (also presumably brass) give enough structural integrity to withstand the occasional inadvertent impact? For now I've accepted a bit of risk by connecting the transmitters with a 6 inch hose that i tuck under a neoprene tank band, instead of having the transmitter sticking down from the Hollis DCX first stages.
I'm not familiar with Hollis regs, but most stick straight down between the tank and your body. They are very protected.

most stick straight down
I wouldn't say "most;" a few to some, maybe. I have five different brand first stages and none of them have an HP port sticking down at any angle...all are straight out to the side.

I wouldn't say "most;" a few to some, maybe. I have five different brand first stages and none of them have an HP port sticking down at any angle...all are straight out to the side.
Can you post a picture?
I have a lot of regs, probably literally hundreds of them. I can only think of a handful that the port goes straight out to the side in a sidemount configuration.

Can you post a picture?
I have a lot of regs, probably literally hundreds of them. I can only think of a handful that the port goes straight out to the side in a sidemount configuration.
Do you mean you have the reg mounted at an angle to the valve?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom