Spg backup to transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you mean you have the reg mounted at an angle to the valve?
yes, in every application but single tank diving.

yes, in every application but single tank diving.
OK, then the HP port could angle anyway at all; the reg is irrelevant. It could point straight up, even.

I thought you were talking about the reg itself, not the port angle when mounted on a tank.

OK, then the HP port could angle anyway at all; the reg is irrelevant. It could point straight up, even.

I thought you were talking about the reg itself, not the port angle when mounted on a tank.
Except Poseidons. I have never seen a Poseidon with clean hose routing. They are amazing first stages, just have no idea what they were designed to do.
There are others, the old conshelf, apeks ds4, Sherwood bruts. They were designed for single tank diving and the hose routing works for that.
Most other regs are either Apeks dst, or Scubapro mk25 clones.
Everybody knocks those off because they are great regs with excellent hose routing. If you are going to copy something to sell, you don't copy a poor design.

How do you like it?
I like it. Great display. I am getting older and a large screen help. Gives me all the info I need in one screen. Fit nicely on the wrist. While the compass is accurate, still use the compass on the Datapro console.

I like it. Great display. I am getting older and a large screen help. Gives me all the info I need in one screen. Fit nicely on the wrist. While the compass is accurate, still use the compass on the Datapro console.

I am probably getting the G2 Tek when it comes out in 2023.

Can you post a picture?
I have a lot of regs, probably literally hundreds of them. I can only think of a handful that the port goes straight out to the side in a sidemount configuration.
1669747996202.png

Hollis DCX, two HP ports 90 degrees either side of the DIN, 5 LP on the turret. Not so much worried about impact while diving, but more with racking the tank on the boat detached from the BC. Also worried about handling the tank if I dismount them at the safety stop and pass the dive crew a jon line with the tanks.

View attachment 756012
Hollis DCX, two HP ports 90 degrees either side of the DIN, 5 LP on the turret. Not so much worried about impact while diving, but more with racking the tank on the boat detached from the BC. Also worried about handling the tank if I dismount them at the safety stop and pass the dive crew a jon line with the tanks.
That is a DST knockoff. Perfect setup for sidemount. Screw in your transmitter and run it straight down the valve. It is almost completely protected by the tank crown and valve post.

Kind-of on topic here.......

I dive primarily solo and whether solo or not I always carry either a 19 or 13 back mounted pony. I don't carry a back-up SPG for my primary gas.

What I do that's a bit different from many folks is that I DO carry a 2in faced SPG on my Pony hose so that I can easily confirm pony pressure before and during my dive..

If my computer fails then I'm calling the dive and headed for the surface. Nice thing about the back-up gauges on my Pony is that it allows me some additional assurance that I can make a nice controlled ascent including a safety stop.

xwcxhDU.jpg

Back
Top Bottom