• Spg

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • AI

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Both

Votes: 49 45.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that was meant as a joke, however I've found most of my SPGs and AIs to show almost identical pressures.

Though I do have some crappy SPGs and even an EPG in a box which show wildly different pressures, which is why I don't use them.

A diver with AI knows how much gas they have. A diver with AI and an SPG is is never sure.
Yes this makes perfect sense.

Depending on what particular drugs you're taking at the time you read it.

In essence, the two gauges will never agree. So, which is right? In reality, it probably doesn’t matter as we shouldn’t be completely draining our tanks. But, if you have two gauges giving somewhat different info, which do you trust?

In essence, the two gauges will never agree. So, which is right? In reality, it probably doesn’t matter as we shouldn’t be completely draining our tanks. But, if you have two gauges giving somewhat different info, which do you trust?

Mine have always agreeded within dive range.

Mine have always agreeded within dive range.
Agreed. Unless one is way out, it won’t make much difference. I tested a few transmitters to see how they compared. IIRC, they agreed within single digits (PSI, not Bar). Certainly closer than what I would be able to discern on an analog SPG.

However, I have seen an SPG read about 1000 psi higher than actual. Needle stuck at about 3000. It should have been about 2000 at that point. Shallow dive at an aquarium, so no real concern. I flicked it and thumped it a few times, and it resumed functioning.

So I have AI (Scubapro G2) and backup attached computer (Oceanic Datapro 3). Had an Oceanic OC1 (AI) fail and the a Datapro 3 during the week of diving on a live aboard. In between the failures the crew loaned me a dive computer. I will always dive with two dive computers. Don’t want to lose a dive.

Ok, I’ve seen a couple of references to people leaving their transmitters at home or in the car. I leave mine permanently on my first stage. Is there a reason to disconnect? I assume it goes to sleep once pressure is disconnected, and this is confirmed by long battery life.
It’s easier to pack the reg in my carryon backpack without the transmitters on so I always remove them when flying (the only way I dive). I reassemble when I get to my destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom