Spare parts for older regs and manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The port plug is not available from AL but Bryan at Vintage Double Hose had some generic replacements made a while back. Also, it you don't mind not using the retainer clip....and IMO it's not necessary, you can just use a 1/2 (a little uncommon but they do exist) port plug from a reg.

The postage on the generic replacement is pretty steep for us Aussies.

Do you mean a 1/2 inch plug like these?
Sonar 1/2 Male Low Pressure Regulator Port Plug - The Scuba Doctor Dive Shop

On the isolator I would set it up on a drill press and use an easy out to remove it. Measure a similar valve seat first so you know how deep to drill. Use a small end mill instead of a twist drill if you can or start the hole with a centre drill.

On the isolator I would set it up on a drill press and use an easy out to remove it. Measure a similar valve seat first so you know how deep to drill. Use a small end mill instead of a twist drill if you can or start the hole with a centre drill.

Thanks for the tip . Its currently soaking in solvent at the LDS. If that doesnt work a friend of mine is a metal machinist so Ill go down that path. Nothing to lose.

And if that fails, and I have to replace the valves as well, Ill turn the manifold into a cutaway model like this.... https://www.amazon.com/Thermo-XS-Scuba-Isolation-Manifolds/dp/B0763T34KW

Status update:

1/. Conshelf 22 plug - solved. 1/2" LP port plug for $5 and a bit of tape to keep the alignment key in place. Ill get an aftermarket plug from Vintage Double Hose at some point.

Thanks Herman.

2/. Titan Octopus pre 2004 cover - solved. Today I got a new cover that fits fine. I don't have it on me but I believe its from the "Titan, Calypso, Calypso O2, Octopus 2004+" AUD$30.

Am I missing something here as other similar threads don't mention this as a possible replacement cover?

3/. Jammed Iso Manifold valve - I have a plan B and C. Still battling away on this but next step is to mill and 'easy out' the valve piece out (thanks grf88) Failing that I've found a matching new Iso bar replacement for ~AUD$100.

Back
Top Bottom