Space Shuttle Explodes????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just horrible, reminds me of "Mission to Mars" and the feeling of helplessness you have when you hear the news...

Thoughts to those who are crying for their loved ones...:(

My thoughts and prayers are with their families and loved ones.

If there's a bright spot it's that they
died doing what they loved and at
the peak of their careers. They went
out heros...no nursing homes for them.

I didn't hear the news till after 8:00 PM...

I'd just got off a plane from London and found out about the crash from a TV on the wall while going through customs.

Sad news to come home to. :(

I was having breakfast at my hotel yesterday morning when it came on as breaking news. So sad.
My prayers out to all 7 and their loved ones:(

it certainly was sad to see, and a damned expensive firework.

what about the poor buggers that are left up there?

hopefully the review will find the problem and make space travel safe as the last review did.

but when you look at the stats, the shuttle has got quite a good record, considering the number of times they have been used.

Dear Readers:

Columbia :(

I spent much of yesterday watching the broadcasts, many of which were from just down the street from where I live near the Johnson Space Center. As is true in recent years, these activities involve individuals I have come to know. This time was not an exception.

These who fly are brave people. I would not want their job.

May God bless them all.

Dr Deco :doctor:

I did not hear about this until 7pm on Saturday night. My days activites had me away from radio/internet/TV's and I could only watch 15 minutes of coverage when I did find out.

We must all remember that going into space is nothing but routine. Our space program is soo successful that takeoffs/landings are thought to be no big deal and receive very little media coverage. This event will change our attitudes for a little while, just like Challenger did, but eventually we will look at it the same way.

Our society recovers soo quickly from these events. It is rare to see an American flag on a car anymore, but days/weeks after 9/11/01 they were all over the place.

As always, we'll get over this and stop talking about it, but never ever forget what sacrafices are made by people like our Astronauts, Soldiers, Policemen, Firefighters, etc. These people have taken control over their lives and are all doing something to benefit others.

i've heard about it yesterday on the news...
my thoughts and prayers go out to their families and loved ones... :(

Back
Top Bottom