Space Shuttle Explodes????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone watching the news? Looks like the space shuttle may have exploded over Texas around 8 a.m. as it was returning from it's 16 day mission!

Prayers and thoughts to the crew and their families.

i just looked at the CNN site. Contact was lost, as of yet there was no evidence it exploded but from what i read it looked bad, i remember watching the challenger explode, i hope we dont have another disaster on our hands!! :eek: :eek:

lucid once bubbled...
I just saw some footage and it was coming down in several pieces =[

This is a sad day.

CNN and Foxnews confirm that Columbia broke up at approximately 200,000 feet this morning.

It was carrying seven astronauts.

Search and Recovery efforts are underway.

Words fail at this time.

:(

i remember seeing the Challenger incident 'live' on TV while in college - i was walking through the student union at the time.

i suddenly feel the chill again.

God be with the crew and their family

17 years ago we cried for a NASA crew, today we cry again. I'm reminded of the words of the then President, something to the effect of "the future is not free". They are as true today as then.

We should all remember the glories of past NASA missions, we may never see another. There will certainly be calls to cancel the shuttle program. We should not allow this to happen.

Prayers for my country.

WW

I agree with you Wreckwriter, another very sad day. However, any type of exploration activity is dangerous, whether in space or underwater. I too suspect the program will be questioned, but I bet if you ask the crew for any planned missions they will still want to go. It's human nature to explore, even when the dangers are high.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom