Space Shuttle Explodes????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a horrible tragedy. My thoughts are with the crewmembers and their loved ones and friends.

But as others just said, we should not allow this to deter us from future exploration. This country was built upon the spirit of pioneering and exploration, and we cannot let that fall by the side.

-Roman.

WreckWriter once bubbled...
17 years ago we cried for a NASA crew, today we cry again. I'm reminded of the words of the then President, something to the effect of "the future is not free". They are as true today as then.

We should all remember the glories of past NASA missions, we may never see another. There will certainly be calls to cancel the shuttle program. We should not allow this to happen.

Prayers for my country.

WW

Amen to that Wreck Writer!

I got online this morning without turning on the tv, and I didn't know what to make of this thread when I first saw it. There will be massive saftey checks like after apollo 1 and challenger, but they can NEVER cancel all space prgrams. Furthermore, there are 3 people on the space station right now and they have to come down. My condolences to the families.

words do fail at a time like this, i heard about this morning from a coworkers husband, and i live in the Dallas area, im currently trying to some information from a friend of mine who lived in the area were in broke up (its in the area were debries has been spotted on the ground) and officals are saying if you do find any debreis call the police to report it but not to touch it because it is most likely coated in the propellant and is toxic to humans

this is just what i heard

Just last week, we had some friends in from out of state. We took them to NASA, and saw/heard a lot about this mission. Now the tragedy. A truly sad day for the space program.

Ours prayers go out to those lost this sad day and to the Families left behind by this tragedy ........

This is so very eerie.....as when NASA lost the Challenger 17 years ago, almost to the day, I was in the pool getting OW certified ........ I'll never forget that day .....nor this one

WreckWriter …well put

Like many of you, I too woke up this morning, turned on the TV for the news and was devastated to hear of the recent trajedy concerning the loss of Space Shuttle Columbia.

Even though we would like to see no loss of life in the exploration of "new" frontiers, we have to remember that from the beginning of time, there has always been loss of life in the exploration. From sailing around the world, exploring the "new world", learning to live and breath underwater to the exploration of the Final Frontier, Space.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the crew of the Space Shuttle Columbia. May they be comforted in the thought that these crew members died in doing something that they loved, and wanted, to do.

huddling for comfort ...

this must be the modern version. during the challenger incident, we sat together at the rec center, watching the big screen, as the news unfolded. some were classmates, some passing acquaintances but all united in feeling grief.

now, here i am on scubaboard, watching the thread for new posts, while the MSNBC streaming video is playing. even if i had a sat dish, i probably would just leave it on in the background.

forgive my rambling. i feel muddled.

very vividly images in my head when the Challenger Tragedy happened. I was at work and unable to get to a TV but I heard the radio descriptions depicting the way the vapor clouds looked in the sky. I was in SW Florida and I could see clouds, the only ones in the sky in the direction of Cape Canaveral and thinking that they were the remains of the shuttle. When I got home that night and saw the video they in fact were the same clouds described.

My prayers go out to my great Country and the families of the Shuttle Crew, they are real American Heros.

Wildbill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom