SP Twin jets.....spring straps please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
You can get a lot of the components from mcmastercarr.com. I'm not sure about the part numbers but I know they have been posted on here before.

I bought springs and thin rubber hose to cover them from mcmastercarr.com for my jets.
Spent around $12 or so and I had them within a day or two.
Definitely the way to go if you are willing to do it yourself....(DIY?)

Chummer:
I bought springs and thin rubber hose to cover them from mcmastercarr.com for my jets.
Spent around $12 or so and I had them within a day or two.
Definitely the way to go if you are willing to do it yourself....(DIY?)
Do you remember what type of spring and part number you purchased? Looks like they've got a fantastic selection that could work. Thanks for the input!

The Manta spring straps work great on Twin Jets. My first pair of Mantas went on my TwinJets, and are still going strong several years later. With springs of this strength there is no need for reinforcing string inside.

theskull

modivin:
Do you remember what type of spring and part number you purchased? Looks like they've got a fantastic selection that could work. Thanks for the input!

I will look for the part numbers I ordered and post tomorrow if I am able to find it.

If you don't feel like the DIY route, Innovative just came out with their Jet/TwinJet versions. I just got a pair for my Jets; already have a set for my V12's.

Scuba.com for $36. + tax, shipping

rickyd:
If you don't feel like the DIY route, Innovative just came out with their Jet/TwinJet versions. I just got a pair for my Jets; already have a set for my V12's.

Scuba.com for $36. + tax, shipping
I really like the looks of the one's with the twin jet buckle but how did you know what size to order?
thanks,
greg

Here are the McMaster-Carr numbers I ordered- just to keep the options open:

3932 K54 -Long type 302 SS extension spring, 11" length, 1/2" OD. .062 wire diameter.

51225 K44 -Santoprene gen purpose blended tubing, 5/8" ID, 13/16" OD, black.

In 7/04 I paid $4.99 for each spring and $1.51 per foot for the tubing...$4.00 shipping.
$17 total, a little more than I remembered.

A hacksaw to cut the springs to the desired length and a pair of pliers was all I needed.
I left the original "buckles" in tact, so it would only take a few minutes to change back to a strap, if for some reason I would want/need to put one on.
The tubing I chose to slide over the springs is a bit on the thick side, but I like it. Ive seen guys use something as thin as tubular nylon webbing. Whatever makes you happy.
I had string in the spring to stop an overstretch, but later decided it wasnt necessary.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

tarheeldiver:
I really like the looks of the one's with the twin jet buckle but how did you know what size to order?
thanks,
greg

Here's another link that shows how to measure. A word or caution - I'm not familiar with the Twin Jets, but, my in earlier post, the Scuba.com site shows the SS pin type connection. In this link for DiveSports, they show the plastic clip-on type connector. I'm not sure which is correct for the Twins.

rickyd:
Here's another link that shows how to measure. A word or caution - I'm not familiar with the Twin Jets, but, my in earlier post, the Scuba.com site shows the SS pin type connection. In this link for DiveSports, they show the plastic clip-on type connector. I'm not sure which is correct for the Twins.
Thanks Rick,
I found the same clips on scuba.com , looks like the buckle on my twin jets I've been dying for someone to come out with some that just clip in instead of having to take the buckles off. I got to order these thanks for the way to measure
greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom