SP Twin Jet Max vs. Atomic Aquatics SplitFines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can anyone compare the newer SP Twin Jet Max Fins vs. the Atomic SplitFins please? I am interested in knowing the difference in power, comfort, suitability for swimming in mild - moderate current, diving with a drysuit (is there enough power to overcome drag) and any other comparisons will be most appreciated.

Last edited:
I have owned two pairs of SP Twin-Jets (sorry not the Max) and I own one pair of the Atomic "Smoke" Jet fins.

I have held the SP TJ Max's in the LDS but was not impressed.
The original Twin-Jets are JUNK (in my honest opinion). They wont cause your legs to get sore, but then you will be the slowest diver in the water.
I'm not a fan of split fins anymore but I like the Atomic fins much better than the TJ's. My GF actually uses them now and she can keep up with me.
I have been switching between Cressi Reaction and Omega Flips. I most recently invested in Force Fin Pro's after all I have read about them. I have not dived them but the quality and construction seems excellent.

I would say try'em before you buy'em. I wish I would have had the ability to do so. Instead I spent hundreds of dollars on fins that were just "ok" only to spend $300+ on the Force Fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom