SP tank strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastaci

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a SP Custom Black BC that I have no idea exactly how old it is. Great condition had it serviced a month ago. Anyway, I have a problem with the tank strap getting loose while I dive. The guy at my LDS rerouted the strap through one of the buckles, so it has not happened since then. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can replace the strap with something else? Or if I should just hope that the new routing keeps the tank where it is supposed to be?

And no, replacing the BC is not an option.

I have a SP Custom Black BC that I have no idea exactly how old it is. Great condition had it serviced a month ago. Anyway, I have a problem with the tank strap getting loose while I dive. The guy at my LDS rerouted the strap through one of the buckles, so it has not happened since then. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can replace the strap with something else? Or if I should just hope that the new routing keeps the tank where it is supposed to be?

And no, replacing the BC is not an option.

Any tank strap should work on that BC. But I would not be too hasty in changing out that old SP strap. If you are using various diameter tanks, they can be a PITA as they are not real easy to adjust. But once they are correctly adjusted, there are not many that can hold a tank as securely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom