SP MK21/S560 vs AA Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mi000ke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m a recently certified rec diver in the process of purchasing my own equipment. Final thing I need is a regulator. I plan to dive warm water only and eventually getting certified for deeper diving but no tech diving in my future. Will be traveling by air to all of my dives.

I am trying to decide between the Scubapro MK21/S560 ($540) and the Atomic Aquatics Z2 ($409) – both balanced piston. The two regs seem so similar to me that I’m having a hard time picking one. Was leaning towards the AA because of the lower price, good reviews on this forum, and what I’ve read here as great customer service. Assuming I have no problem getting either serviced locally, can anyone share an opinion about which of these might be better?

Thanks.

Good Choice...

Excellent choice. I dive the Atomic M1 in really cold (1-2°C) water and have just bought the T3. Atomic regs wipe the floor with everything else I have used and they are brilliant in cold water too. Happy diving with your new regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom