SP MK-20 - IP Creep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But is it the high number as this is only after purging and letting it sit. If after demand its instantly returning to around 128 when in use presumably the actual ip never goes over around 130? Assuming single tank diving. In which case for practical purposes functional ip is low end of spec. Given both seat and piston are new I wouldn't have expected a problem. I'll try a new seat depending on IP when I get home. I do have a new spring on hand but don't think this will fix the issue as I understand a problem spring will give erratic IP readings, mine drifts/creeps the same everytime.

Like I said earlier, my understanding is the MK10 Plus has drift/creep characteristics so am also wondering if this is to expected/normal? Perhaps it just needs a dive to take seat? Cheers.

Have you cycled it a good 30-40 times and/or let it set pressurized overnight?

Did you determine if it stops creeping after a bit and stabilized?

I cycled it around 10 times (tank on/off purge) and purged a lot more. I won't know if it stabilized or not until I get home tonight by which time it would have been pressurized for almost 12 hours. Will report back with result.

Got home ip hadn't moved from 130. Purged it and it dropped to 128 then over about 2 minutes crept to 135 then moved up to 145 over the next 5 or so minutes. Purged and turned tank off several times and ip would creep at different speeds and "settle" at different values. Seems no consistency in behauour. Any ideas? I have a new spring, O rings and seats on hand. Cheers.

Try the new spring?

Try the new spring?

Thanks. Will do. Guess I'll just try one thing at a time and see what actually fixes the problem. I had a little trouble fitting piston stern O ring so it's possible I could have damaged it although not sure if this would result in the issue I'm having.

I cycled it around 10 times (tank on/off purge) and purged a lot more. I won't know if it stabilized or not until I get home tonight by which time it would have been pressurized for almost 12 hours. Will report back with result.
You don't need to turn the tank off. Just "breathe" off the reg to cycle the piston.

Make sure you give it a chance to break in the seat, as Couv suggested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom