SP G250 jam nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RCMP threw me off the River this summer. Threatened to jail us and take the boat if they saw us diving in Canadian waters again while the border is closed.... Sheesh!

More than a little OTT. Back in April over here they put up barriers blocking beach access, everyone one just moved them aside and proceeded with their fishing, picnics, diving etc. lockdown laws over here have no legal teeth, it's just stern requests which you can choose to adhere to or not. Guess we can "thank" the war for that.

More than a little OTT. Back in April over here they put up barriers blocking beach access, everyone one just moved them aside and proceeded with their fishing, picnics, diving etc. lockdown laws over here have no legal teeth, it's just stern requests which you can choose to adhere to or not. Guess we can "thank" the war for that.

I'm kind of surprised as that doesn't seem very Japanese to me.

The Japanese have two faces. A very strange societal psychology indeed. Generally speaking of course. Full of contradictions. It melts my brain. Loathe the place. Amazing place to visit, wouldn't wanna live here, oh, I do, but not for much longer, back to the land of sanity.

More than a little OTT.

I agree. Conversations we had with prior with Border Patrol and Immigration/Customs were more in tune with, "Hey, just don't come ashore" (the normal practice). The summer ended with Canadian gun boats patrolling the River. They were even out at night. No US agency to be found.

I agree. Conversations we had with prior with Border Patrol and Immigration/Customs were more in tune with, "Hey, just don't come ashore" (the normal practice). The summer ended with Canadian gun boats patrolling the River. They were even out at night. No US agency to be found.

If Americans are out there enjoying the dive sites, than the Canadian subjects will wonder why can't they go out and enjoy them too. And so reasonableness has gone out the window.

Anyways down with spline nuts, even if we must smuggle them across the border.

The Japanese have two faces. A very strange societal psychology indeed. Generally speaking of course. Full of contradictions. It melts my brain. Loathe the place. Amazing place to visit, wouldn't wanna live here, oh, I do, but not for much longer, back to the land of sanity.
I remember years ago when I used to work in a gaming industry in Reno, we have some Japanese customers over as guests. In a rule area I remember they were amazed that people would actually come to a stop at a stop sign with no one around. Lol

Canadian gun boats. That’s funny

I remember years ago when I used to work in a gaming industry in Reno, we have some Japanese customers over as guests. In a rule area I remember they were amazed that people would actually come to a stop at a stop sign with no one around. Lol

Yes, if you can be seen, be on your best behaviour, if you cannot be seen do what ever you like. Smoke and mirrors, it's all largely fake and pretence. Again, in general, of course there are some very nice people, with a population of 128,000,000 some have to be nice it's a statistical "certainty", much like the States I'd guess.

Back
Top Bottom