Southernmost cave/spring dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davel518

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm located in PB county and am looking do some tuneup dives in a spring before doing cave courses in 2021. It's been some time since I've been in my drysuit and I want to make sure everything is dialed in. What is the closest cavern or spring to southeast FL? Digging around it seems blue grotto might be the best bet. Thought about bhb, but really hoping for a freshwater dive, and don't want to be limited to a tide window.

Thanks for the help.

I'm located in PB county and am looking do some tuneup dives in a spring before doing cave courses in 2021. It's been some time since I've been in my drysuit and I want to make sure everything is dialed in. What is the closest cavern or spring to southeast FL? Digging around it seems blue grotto might be the best bet. Thought about bhb, but really hoping for a freshwater dive, and don't want to be limited to a tide window.

Thanks for the help.

Probably Blue Springs - Orange City, Alexander Springs, or Paradise Springs. Blue Springs is closed to diving in the winter for manatees though. Also, Alexander is max 20ish feet deep, and Paradise is a cavern dive. Blue Grotto is a pretty good tune-up/training site

Easily accessible? Paradise, and BG. You can take the Turnpike up.

Buford is probably a little further south, but it isn't as easy to get to for you. And the half mile walk sucks. Also BG and Paradise are better setup for your goal.

Another idea is Lake Denton

Thanks a lot for the helpful responses. Sounds like lake denton is really the only option for avoiding an overnight stay (or very long day). Any idea on water temps right now? Found something that says mid 60s during the winter, I assume that bottoms out feb/march so probably warmer now. Still working on talking the wife into diving dry. :rolleyes:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom