Southern ON, NEW Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernMelody:
water temp was 63 F
Not only warm temps, but vis approaching 30 feet except where it had been kicked up. As good as it gets at Gullivers. Lots of fish around, not much else to see though.

I'm pretty sure some of us will be out one evening next week (especially as I won't be able to dive this weekend). I'm not available Tuesday eve and jrtonkin isn't available Wednesdays, so it'll likely be Thu again for me.

I'll keep that in mind! You going to wear you're wifes underwear again GroundHog246...hmmm? :eyebrow:

I'm available tue - thursday depending on how I feel.

Looks like I can maybe dive Thursday. Should know for sure Wed eve. Might try wetsuit for the first time this year. :11ztongue: Sherkston and Windmill are near Port Colborne (2 hour trip each way), I don't think you want to try them as a weeknight dive.

Groundhog246:
Looks like I can maybe dive Thursday. Should know for sure Wed eve. Might try wetsuit for the first time this year. :11ztongue: Sherkston and Windmill are near Port Colborne (2 hour trip each way), I don't think you want to try them as a weeknight dive.
You're right about too far of a drive for a late afternoon dive.
Maybe on a weekend if I'll not have to work.

Groundhog246:
Sherkston and Windmill are near Port Colborne (2 hour trip each way)

Any idea what the temp/visibility is at Sherkston in mid July? Is it a good dive?

D

No idea re: temp or vis. I'm told vis gets bad by early July. It was 30 to 40 feet in May when we were there with water temps in the mid 40's. Overall a great dive though. The old steam donkey engines and cars were quite interesting and the engines were surprizingly large once you got up close. Didn't expect the size from the photos i;ve seen (no divers etc for scale).

I'm told Windmill Quarry near by usually has decent vis this time of the year, no idea what's there to see.

Groundhog246:
No idea re: temp or vis. I'm told vis gets bad by early July. It was 30 to 40 feet in May when we were there with water temps in the mid 40's. Overall a great dive though. The old steam donkey engines and cars were quite interesting and the engines were surprizingly large once you got up close. Didn't expect the size from the photos i;ve seen (no divers etc for scale).

I'm told Windmill Quarry near by usually has decent vis this time of the year, no idea what's there to see.
How about trying it out during the holidays? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom