Southeast Florida dive boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The two in West Palm that I have always had a great time on are Jim Abernathy Scuba Adventures boat name Deep Obsession. And Walkers Dive Charters boat name Wetter the Better.

Hey taymag,

So many good operators, we all have our favorites, some have become our friends. I dive mostly in Boynton Beach and Jupiter, would be glad to supply details or answer questions by PM.

Good diving, Craig

Jupiter Dive Center is at the top of my list. I dive with this op very regularly and like the people, shop and boats and of course the dive sites.

I like Walkers and JASA too. I've enjoyed trips with Narcosos and Sandy's Sunday who are also in WPB. For newer divers or one of the few regularly scheduled Friday afternoon two tank dives, Scuba Club it good.

In Boynton I've enjoyed Unerwater Explorers, Splashdown and Parrot (EDIT: Make that Pelican and not Parrot).

In Pompano, I like Scubatyme, Pompano Dive Center (I haven't been on the new boat but hear is is fantastic) and for shallow sites mostly I use South Florida Dive HQ.

I've only really had one or two truly bad experiences in south Florida and one of those dive ops is no longer in business.

Last edited:
Jupiter to Pompano is great . Reef / wrecks when the seas are flat & the Vi's is good THE DIVES ARE GOOD ........................ :sharkattack::sharkattack:

Check out Capt Sl8r Charters in Jupiter (www.jupiterscubadiving.com). There is a reason that his reviews are over the top 100% excellent. Tell them Paul from Vero Beach Scuba Club sent you.

Also look at Sea Pup Divers (www.seapupdiver.com) out of Riviera Beach. This is a brand new op with very experienced people behind it.

you won't go wrong with either of these.

I like Parrot Island Scuba in Pompano, Underwater Explorers in Boynton, Narcosis dive chaters in West Palm, Jupiter Dive Center in Jupiter, and Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier. Those are just my favorites, there are plenty of other ops I like. I can't think of anyone I would tell you to stay away from.

Its hard to go wrong with dive ops down there. You do need to be aware of the dive sites as there are different considerations once you get away from shore.
West Palm Beach is one of my favorites for example, but its drift diving due to high currents and the depths really benefit from Nitrox. If you are ready for that, its fantastic. Especially in a few months when the Groupers are massing. I have used Jim Abernathy (JASA) and Jupiter Dive Center, both were excellent. I am sure most of the dive ops are.

Jupiter Dive Center is at the top of my list. I dive with this op very regularly and like the people, shop and boats and of course the dive sites.

In Boynton I've enjoyed Unerwater Explorers, Splashdown and Parrot.

I like JDC also and have 50 dives with them.

Most of my diving is in Boynton Beach with vibrant reefs, a multitude of tropical fish and the wreck of the Castor, with year around Goliath Grouper and huge numbers around aggregation in August/September. There are 6 operators out of Boynton Beach, Parrot is not one of them. I have 235 dives with Underwater Explorers and 25 with my primary backup, Starfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom