Southeast Florida dive boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the responses. There seems to be a running theme since Ive joined here a few weeks ago with JASA, Narcosos and Jupiter Dive Center. Ive seen Underwater Explorers come up quite a bit too which is nice since I live by it. Thanks again everyone :d:d

I like JDC also and have 50 dives with them.

Most of my diving is in Boynton Beach with vibrant reefs, a multitude of tropical fish and the wreck of the Castor, with year around Goliath Grouper and huge numbers around aggregation in August/September. There are 6 operators out of Boynton Beach, Parrot is not one of them. I have 235 dives with Underwater Explorers and 25 with my primary backup, Starfish.

Scubadada: did Parrot Dive Charters go out of business? I just tried the URL www.pelicandivecharters.com/ it looks like it is dead. I had dinner at Two Georges a few weeks ago and thought I saw their boat: I had been pointing out the charters I've used to a friend on our way back to the parking garage, but might have been mistaken and only saw a boat that looked similar. Its been a couple of years since I used the charter. That would be too bad if its gone, the couple that ran it were so incredibly nice and friendly.

Scubadada: did Parrot Dive Charters go out of business? I just tried the URL www.pelicandivecharters.com/ it looks like it is dead. I had dinner at Two Georges a few weeks ago and thought I saw their boat: I had been pointing out the charters I've used to a friend on our way back to the parking garage, but might have been mistaken and only saw a boat that looked similar. Its been a couple of years since I used the charter. That would be too bad if its gone, the couple that ran it were so incredibly nice and friendly.

Hi sportxlh,

I was confused when you called it Parrot Dive Charters, the 6 charters out of Boynton Harbor Marina are Underwater Explorers, Starfish, Loggerhead, Pelican, Splashdown, and Dolphin Sun. Even though the Pelican website seems to be out of commission, I believe they went out during my last visit, Memorial Day weekend.

Best, Craig

Hi sportxlh,

I was confused when you called it Parrot Dive Charters, the 6 charters out of Boynton Harbor Marina are Underwater Explorers, Starfish, Loggerhead, Pelican,Splashdown, and Dolphin Sun. Even though the Pelican website seems to be out of commission, I believe they went out during my last visit, Memorial Day weekend.

Best, Craig

My bad: I meant Pelican and not Parrot.

I am taking my AOW Next weekend but I want to go out this week.. Is Underwater Explorers fine with OW or do you suggest a different charter for Boynton Area?

I am taking my AOW Next weekend but I want to go out this week.. Is Underwater Explorers fine with OW or do you suggest a different charter for Boynton Area?

OW will be fine, the reef drifts are generally quite easy, depth about 60 feet. I would call or text Kevin Metz with your questions, 561-577-3326. If he's not going out, he will help you line up a reliable ride, Starfish is very good, OW also not problem.

Enjoy, Craig

I heard (yesterday in Boynton) that Pelican moved to Bonaire?!

Emerald Charters in Jupiter or Calypso in West Palm Beach if you are experienced and like sharks.
Capt. Sl8r, JASA, & Narcosis are all very good but get too crowded for me.

Jupiter Dive Center & Pura Vida were good but I'm boycotting them due to their public opinions against shark feeding dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom