Southeast Florida condo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I highly doubt that is about climate change at all. Just another push to get rid of the middle class out of waterfront communities.
I had the same landlord for years when renting a condo for the winter in that area. We became friends over the years. He recently sold almost all his properties, and now I have a new landlord. When he explained that decision, he cited several reasons. Climate change was definitely one of them. His properties had started to flood each time it rained during high tide. He had to evacuate a single floor building in the middle of the night when waters rose during a rainstorm.

From 2007-2011, I dived from Fort Lauderdale to Jupiter, looking for my favorite diving. I decided on Boynton Beach, West Palm, and Jupiter.

We were lucky that this was around the low in the housing market. We bought a modest 3 bdrm townhouse in Hypoluxo at the end of 2011, north of Boynton Beach, just off the Intracostal. Over the 10 years, prices for townhouses in our community have about doubled. We pay a little less than $300/mo for HOA fees, about $3,100/yr for home insurance, and about $1,100 for flood insurance.

I'm 3 miles to Boynton Harbor Marina, 15 mi to West Palm and the BHB, and 30 mi from Jupiter. Now, with 1,200 dives in SE FL, I'm very happy with our decision. This was just about the only diving I did during most of the pandemic

Depending on how old a building is and how close to the beach it is, you might also have to consider maintenance issues and such, after the condo building collapse this summer. That may also affect your insurance costs.

This change is primarily going to affect older single family homes. We had one until recently, one of the last of a generation before the raised hurricane homes became normal.

I had the same landlord for years when renting a condo for the winter in that area. We became friends over the years. He recently sold almost all his properties, and now I have a new landlord. When he explained that decision, he cited several reasons. Climate change was definitely one of them. His properties had started to flood each time it rained during high tide. He had to evacuate a single floor building in the middle of the night when waters rose during a rainstorm.

Many of the coastal communities have had this issue for decades. The storm water systems were never well designed, and would routinely back up on the island we lived on. I know that was an issue for Clearwater too.

From 2007-2011, I dived from Fort Lauderdale to Jupiter, looking for my favorite diving. I decided on Boynton Beach, West Palm, and Jupiter.

We were lucky that this was around the low in the housing market. We bought a modest 3 bdrm townhouse in Hypoluxo at the end of 2011, north of Boynton Beach, just off the Intracostal. Over the 10 years, prices for townhouses in our community have about doubled. We pay a little less than $300/mo for HOA fees, about $3,100/yr for home insurance, and about $1,100 for flood insurance.

I'm 3 miles to Boynton Harbor Marina, 15 mi to West Palm and the BHB, and 30 mi from Jupiter. Now, with 1,200 dives in SE FL, I'm very happy with our decision. This was just about the only diving I did during most of the pandemic
Hi @Luca Brasi

Of course, I left off our property tax of $4,338. So, between the HOA, home insurance, flood insurance, and property tax. we pay a little over $12,100 per year

Best of luck in your home search

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom