Southeast Florida condo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m looking for a 2 bedroom condo between ft lauderdale and Jupiter. I know that is a huge area. I would appreciate any guidance on neighborhoods , city, condo complex. Only have about 250 k to spend, closer to diving would be great! Thanks for your opinions

I would appreciate any guidance .
Florida is a challenge when it comes to insurance(hurricane/mold/roof). Not only budget for your condo price, but make sure you do EXTENSIVE research on your association's insurance & reserves. Some insurance companies won't even write a policy if it's located East of I95 hwy. Many times insurance and taxes can be more than the monthly mortgage payment and don't rely on the realtor, who isn't required to give you the bad news. $250K and 20 minutes to the coastline can be done with cash in hand and lots of foot work.

Between Ft Lauderdale & Jupiter you have just about every possible type of community/town you could want. It depends upon what you’re looking for?

Vibrant or quiet?
High rise, midrise, low rise, or townhouse style condo?
Gated community or not?
Walkable and bikeable or not?
Close to the ocean or inland a bit?
Urban or suburban?

It all depends upon your interests!

Also, as @Johnoly mentioned, check the association finances, governance, maintenance record/schedule plus taxes, insurance, etc.

You will also want to test for mold & radon.

On my way to the intracoastal I see these condos. Before buying my house I thought something like this would be the only way I could afford to have the boat in the water.
I still like them, as an alternative if/when I get too old for house maintenance. They appear to be well stablished with not many people.
Very nice quiet area but relatively close to everything (including a decent inlet)

It is above the price you mentioned but that includes dock space, I believe there are dry units on similar short structures in the county that may go for your price range without dealing with 2-300+ units all using the same entrance - hallways and such.

I just picked the first zillow offering I saw with that general address, this may be the worst unit for all I know, I just see the well maintained docks when I go by.

Wherever you choose, be aware that Florida insurance rates will skyrocket soon as the federal subsidy goes away. So don't even think of east of the intercoastal and those canals will become very expensive sites.

Wherever you choose, be aware that Florida insurance rates will skyrocket soon as the federal subsidy goes away. So don't even think of east of the intercoastal and those canals will become very expensive sites.

Yeah I highly doubt that is about climate change at all. Just another push to get rid of the middle class out of waterfront communities. They will be forced to sell, or take the chance that the next hurricane doesn't destroy. But I'm not surprised government actions rarely favor the middle class.

I lived on a barrier island in high school as a middle class family. Now there is no way I could afford to live in a single family home that we had on that island.

Yeah I highly doubt that is about climate change at all. Just another push to get rid of the middle class out of waterfront communities. They will be forced to sell, or take the chance that the next hurricane doesn't destroy. But I'm not surprised government actions rarely favor the middle class.

I lived on a barrier island in high school as a middle class family. Now there is no way I could afford to live in a single family home that we had on that island.
Funny you say that.Here in the keys a working class trailer park turns into million dollar condos quicker than you can blink an eye.

A lot of the new construction in Palm Beach County over the last 10 years has been 2-story townhomes. Most of these are 2-bedroom sized units, often tucked into short strips of land that's too big for a single home, but too small for an apartment building or regular neighborhood. The prices ranges for a lot of these townhomes are are in the 200-300k range. You might try running some searches for these, as they're about the same size as condos and might fulfill your requirements.
Sometimes they're called "luxury apartments", if you're running targeted internet searches.

Depending on how old a building is and how close to the beach it is, you might also have to consider maintenance issues and such, after the condo building collapse this summer. That may also affect your insurance costs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom